Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie to HomeSeer, Have some questions for Mark

Hi there.

I own an Insteon Hub, Insteon Dimmer plugs, Insteon dimmer switches Insteon Sensor switches and Insteon Thermostats.

The Hub came back online on 6/7/2022 but we do not have any idea whether it will stay like that.

I came across your product (Homeseer and the plugins) and interesting in purchasing it.

What are the minimum requirement for transferring the Insteon devices over to your platform. I want to make sure that all my devices will work including the thermostats.

Questions:
    • Is the transition painless?
    • Will all my switches including the thermostats work with Homeseer?
    • Do I still need to keep my Insteon hub once I start transition and start using your Homeseer?
    • Will the products below work? (need help in deciding what is best to purchase)
    1. HomeSeer HomeTroller Pi Smart Home Hub (is this the minimum requirement)
    2. Insteon Software Plugin (is this the minimum requirement)
    3. Is there a plugin for the Insteon Thermostats too?
    4. HomeSeer HomeTroller Plus Smart Home Hub
    • Besides the difference in the cost, What is the advantage between 1) and 4)?
    Does HomeSeer have a starter pack? 😊

Any help will be appreciated. Thanking you in advance

Cyrus

I missed this post...

there is no migration tool from the insteon setup to my plugin. you will need to register your devices in the plugin, recreate scenes as groups, and schedules as hs events.
    the tstat is supported by another plugin: insteon thermostat (v3.0.8.0)
    yes, you need the insteon hub for communicating with the insteon network/devices. an insteon plm (2413) will work in place of the hub

hs has webpages about their products and the differences.

no starter pack. you have to buy the products individually

please see the getting started
    👉 READ THIS FIRST: Getting started with the MNS Insteon plugin - HomeSeer Message Board
    Mark

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Jon00 Charting
    Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory

Comment

Working...
    X