Insteon Door Sensor No Heartbeat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Door Sensor No Heartbeat

I have a insteon door/window sensor that is installed with a good battery of 98%. The heartbeat continually always indicates that it is off. Is this normal? It does indicate when the door is open and closed status but nothing from the heartbeat.

the heartbeat status will only change to On for the second its received then go off again. the last updated will tell you when this occurred.

you can setup an event to monitor the heartbeat so you can get get notified if you miss a heartbeat. there are other threads that discuss this either here or in the hs3 forum
    Insteon for HS3
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Here's an example event for Heartbeat Monitoring: It checks daily, but only reports if a heartbeat hasn't been received in 2 days. The heartbeat typically triggers ~24 hours, but can be occasionally late or missed.

One other note - I have several Door/Window sensors on windows which aren't used much. I have noted that these sensors tend to go to "sleep" after about 30 days, and stop sending heartbeats until they've been triggered open/close and then all is well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	89
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1568840

Comment

Thanks guys for the info and settings.

Comment

Cant get the door sensor to respond by email or text when the door is open. I know that the old insteon system before the abrupt shutdown, the door sensor and leak detectors wouldn't sent notifications as I recall. I thought that by using HS4 I could use the send an email in the events to get the notifications back. Am I missing something?

Comment

Make sure your email credentials are set up correctly under HS setup/email.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcqx56 View Post
              Cant get the door sensor to respond by email or text when the door is open. I know that the old insteon system before the abrupt shutdown, the door sensor and leak detectors wouldn't sent notifications as I recall. I thought that by using HS4 I could use the send an email in the events to get the notifications back. Am I missing something?
              The example Event that I posted above does exactly that; it's only action is to send an email. As claude suggests, you need to make sure your email is set up properly, and you've created an appropriate event.

Here's another example, specific to a Door Sensor. I also use HSBuddy (free plugin) which supports Push Notifications to a phone with the app installed; the Send a Notification Action in this example does that.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	111
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1569037

Comment

Working...
              X