Default On level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default On level

I've been looking for a default on level and a default ramp rate but I can only find them on my LampLinc's and on my one keypad dimmer. All my 2476D dimmer switches don't seem to have this setting. Is there a way to change the default on levels and ramp rates?

Here's what the 2476D manual says:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	84
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1570235

Mark can confirm the plugin has those parameters implemented for the 2476D.

Comment

is this an i1 protocol switch?

what is the 4 digit code (####) reported on the device in the plugin
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark

Most of my wall dimmers are i2's like this one
        Kitchen Kitchen Overhead Lights (12.16.8B)
        SwitchLinc V2 600W Dimmer (0101) with Firmware 37

Click image for larger version  Name:	2022-10-11 Kitchen Lights.png Views:	0 Size:	35.3 KB ID:	1570383

The one i1 dimmer I have shows a default on level and ramp rate drop-downs but doesn't respond to changes.

Comment

you must power cycle (pull the set button for a second) any i1 switches after you change the settings. the changes does not take affect immediately. this is just a limitation of i1 devices.

you should see the following for an i2 switch

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	54.8 KB ID:	1570421
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark
            Thanks for the reply and for the info on the i1 switch. Yes, that worked.
            How do I get my i2 screens to look like yours does? The kitchen light dimmer I showed you up thread is an i2 switch. All of my i2's look like that with the 'LED Brightness' and the 'Default On Level' missing. I've restarted the HS software, rebooted the HomeTroller, approached it through the Insteon plugin 'Devices' choice and through the HS4 'Devices' page. When I navigate to that page, the i2's always show the way it looks in my screenshot.
            Bob

Comment

i think i found the issue in the code

do you have any other swlitchlinc dimmers with type (0101) that are i1 ?

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark

I have one i1 device (SwitchLinc V2 600W Dimmer (0101) with Firmware 27) that shows the 'Default In Level' and the 'Ramp Rate'
                I have eight i2 switch dimmers (SwitchLinc V2 600W Dimmer (0101) with Firmware 37) that do NOT show the 'Default In Level' and the 'Ramp Rate'
                I have ten i2 LampLinc's (LampLinc V2 3-Pin (0100) with Firmware 37) that do show the 'Default In Level' and the 'Ramp Rate'
                I have one i2CS KeypadLinc (Dual-Band KeypadLinc Dimmer (0142) with Firmware 45) that do show the 'Default In Level' and the 'Ramp Rate'

The i2 SwitchLinc's seem to be the odd man out here.

Bob

Comment

as a test, and if you are comfortable doing the following, you can override the plugin code with the following changes

stop the insteon plugin
                  edit the hs/config/insteon.ini file
                  find the [device x] section of the device in question
                  change the line Protocol=1 to Protocol=2
                  save & close the file
                  restart the plugin
                  check if the settings are available on the i2 switch (type 0101)

please note: i dont believe the v4 plugin has default on level, and ramp rate settings for pure i1 devices (the code is different). you will need to set this on the physical switch.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark

36 of my 37 devices were already set to Protocol=2​ in the Insteon.ini file when I went to look. The i1 wall switch was/is Protocol=1.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by bobchase View Post
                      Mark

36 of my 37 devices were already set to Protocol=2​ in the Insteon.ini file when I went to look. The i1 wall switch was/is Protocol=1.

Bob
                      so for some of i2 switches, you aren't see the Settings on the MNS Insteon tab.

there shouldn't be any settings for the i1 switch.

i guess i need to post another beta to undo the chagne i made related to this.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark

Bob
                        ignore my last post. i think have this resolved. when could you test a new beta?
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark

I can test anytime you want.

Presently the Default On Level and Ramp Rate is shown on the i1 switch'es page and the i1 switch did respond to the Default On Level change I made after you told me about the need to power-cycle it.

Bob

Comment

Mark

I can test anytime you want.

Presently the Default On Level and Ramp Rate is shown on the i1 switch'es page and the i1 switch did respond to the Default On Level change I made after you told me about the need to power-cycle it.

Bob
                            yah, i actually forgot i added those settings to the i1 switches. glad they are working.

i'll post a new beta later this evening.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I posted 4.0.4.11 with some bug fixes to the updater.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X