Insteon I/O Linc and leak sensors setup in HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon I/O Linc and leak sensors setup in HS4

Trying to setup the insteon I/O Linc and several Insteon leak sensors in HS4. Do I create a group event and drop them all in there or do I simply linck them individually? Also will I be able to receive notifications when that specific sensor detects a leak?

can you elaborate on what you are trying to accomplish with the leak sensors and iolinc? what is the iolinc connected to?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

The IO linc is used in conjunction with the leak sensors, and a motorized valve to trigger when there is a leak detected, and then send notifications and also close the valve to stop water from flooding the house. I had this with Insteon and it worked great. Trying to see if it would work with homeseer.

Comment

in this case, i would link the leak sensors directly to the iolinc and keep hs events out of this critical function. you can use hs to monitor and notify you of any events. there are other posts in this forum on how to setup/send email or text notification in an event.

obviously, make sure to test the entire setup once you get everything in please
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X