Insteon Water leak Sensor Notifications not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Water leak Sensor Notifications not working

Greetings to all. Been trying to get the water leak sensor to transmit notifications but haven't been successful. Anyone know how to make this happen?

there are other posts here about setting up an event action to email or text.

are you seeing the leak sensor status change when it gets wet? this of course is the trigger for the event
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yes, the leak sensor status changes to wet, and then the i/o linc controlling the water valve does close. When I dry the leak sensor and then click the sensor to clear it, the i/o linc does open the valve to let the water source continue as normal. I just don't get any notifications. I do have gmail setup and have tested it on other devices and get notifications.

Comment

See this post in your previous inquiry for creating an Event which should send an email notification. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...73#post1570273

If you don't have an Event set up to send the notification, you must do this first. HS4 does not send any 'automatic' notifications; you have to configure which actions will create a notification.

If you've created an Event correctly, and the sensor has become wet, the HS4 log should show the Event Trigger, and another entry for the email sent. If properly configured, your Gmail account should also show the email in Sent Items.

Are you sending this email to an email-to-text service (i.e. @vtext.com or similar for other carriers)? Verizon's vtext service is notorious for not working well, or having significant delay.

Comment

Gmail from HS recently stopped working for me. I haven't looked into it. I mostly use Pushover, and so far that has been very reliable.

Comment

I got it working, it was the email, setup and I had to restart the computer so I'm good now. Thanks for everyone's help, I just need to do them as individual events for the 11 leak sensors so I can get an alert for the specific leak sensor that has detected the leak as oppose to a general message stating a detected leak.

Comment

if you search hs support for replacement variables, you can use them in the email body to get status of all the sensors at once

here is an example of an email body i use to get the status of all the window sensors in a room if any of them trigger the event.

Left window: $$DSA:Vista Zone 19:
              Right window: $$DSA:Vista Zone 20:
              Bathroom window: $$DSA:Vista Zone 21:
              Side window: $$DSA:Vista Zone 9:​
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
              X