repeat on off sequence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

repeat on off sequence.

Is it possible to setup a repeat cycle of on and off for seven day a week. example on for 4 minutes off for 16 minutes that continue to repeat. I'm trying to setup a cycle for a heat pump using a Insteon 2635-222A on off Module. If some on knows of how to set this up can you please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Here's a simple event which would perform the repeating function you're looking for:

IF a recurring Trigger happens the Event will trigger every 20 minutes.
    THEN
    Turn on Device
    Wait 4 minutes
    Turn off Device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	73
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	1571888

Comment

Thank you Steve. I have the sequence up and running. I appreciate your quick response. The next thing I have to work on is was what I had set up for the Charismas tree. I use to use what was called scenes. I had setup on insteon system before it went belly up. Do you know if scene can be done here on HS4? or is it called something else on HS4? I was using a combination of seventeen, 2457D2 Dimmer modules and 2635-222A on off Module. The dimmer were all setup to turn on by rows. I delayed each row so that it wound look like the lights flowed from dim to full power going up or down the Christmas tree. Depending on what scene I used. What I did to get this effect was setup the Dimmer modules to use a 40% ramp rate speed setting. Followed by a preset time delay set for each row. Then I used on off Modules to turning on different sounds and motion effects that finished the scene. That took 25 minutes to complete the scene. I took me 3 years to get it right. I'm hoping to be able to rebuild something better with HomeSeer.

I know that this sound complicated but if you know who could help me or how I could start to lay this out I would be grateful for the help. I wish I was able to reload what I had setup but I think that is out of the question now that I'm on HomeSeer system and learning how to use it.

Thanks again have a great weekend.

Best regards,
      John

Comment

John
        scenes can be built using Groups within the plugin. you can set ramp rates and on level for each device that is a participant in the group

sounds like you will need to several groups and a few events to trigger them all.

you can turn on and off groups as event actions.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by Train382 View Post
          Thank you Steve. I have the sequence up and running. I appreciate your quick response. The next thing I have to work on is was what I had set up for the Charismas tree. I use to use what was called scenes. I had setup on insteon system before it went belly up. Do you know if scene can be done here on HS4? or is it called something else on HS4? I was using a combination of seventeen, 2457D2 Dimmer modules and 2635-222A on off Module. The dimmer were all setup to turn on by rows. I delayed each row so that it wound look like the lights flowed from dim to full power going up or down the Christmas tree. Depending on what scene I used. What I did to get this effect was setup the Dimmer modules to use a 40% ramp rate speed setting. Followed by a preset time delay set for each row. Then I used on off Modules to turning on different sounds and motion effects that finished the scene. That took 25 minutes to complete the scene. I took me 3 years to get it right. I'm hoping to be able to rebuild something better with HomeSeer.

I know that this sound complicated but if you know who could help me or how I could start to lay this out I would be grateful for the help. I wish I was able to reload what I had setup but I think that is out of the question now that I'm on HomeSeer system and learning how to use it.

Thanks again have a great weekend.

Best regards,
          John

Wow. If you had this routine setup in the Insteon App, that is a lot of work. Was that all based on a single point in time schedule (i.e. this routine would start at a specific time each day)?

As Mark says, MNS Groups are the equivalent to Insteon Scenes. A MNS Group is how you would set one or more devices to come on at a pre-set dimming level or at a ramp rate. Any Groups you create show up as a device in HS4, which you would then call from an Event. When called, the Group will turn on at your preset dimming or ramp conditions.

If you're just getting started with HS4 Events, definitely check out these pages:
          https://docs.homeseer.com/products/software/hs4-smart-home-software/core-features/hs4-events

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/homeseer-products-services/system-software-controllers/hs3-hs3pro-software/hs3-event-clinic/86299-event-management-table-of-contents?t=172984

(While this forum post and resulting links contained are written for HS3, it is a valuable tool to understand how complex Events can work. There isn't a specific guide for HS4 Events, but there's not much functional difference between versions, mostly just how the Event screens look.)

Good luck! If you have specific questions about MNS Groups or Insteon Devices, post here. If you are trying to figure out how to get an Event configured, post in the HS4 Event Clinic forum. Lots of places to get input, and lots of flexibility in how you can setup your system to perform things you want to have happen.

Comment

mnsandler - As I was looking into this question, I checked the Ramp Rate dropdown for one of my 2457D2 modules. Any ideas why the Ramp Rate list isn't in order? Ramp Rates kind of go increasing from bottom up, but 2 Sec. is out of place and duplicated, and there is no 1 Sec Ramp Rate. See image below. I see the same rate sorting on my other dimmer switches as well.

Is this unusual drop down sorting behavior similar to the issue I reported with Siren Module Sound Duration time (drop down issue) that I reported in this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...37#post1560937? I'm not sure that ever was looked at.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	117.9 KB ID:	1571960

Comment

Hi Steve thank you for your replies.

I'm not sure but that's interesting because on the Insteon system ramp rate went in percentages. Not by time. Looking at your screen shot looks like its been lexicographically sorted. but I'm not 100 percent sure. I have seen this in mainframe started tasks before.

This was set up as a scene that could be executed when ever you wanted to turn on the tree in the app. I had them setup as.

Tree on B to T
              Tree on T to B
              Tree of B to T
              Tree of T to B
              Tree all of or all on ( all on, was like a bomb going off with 14000 lights and sound starting all at once) turning off all off was not bad.

Comment

Working...
              X