• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Devices linked but not turning on

So I have Insteon / houselinc plm 2413u connected to homeseer pi hub

Insteon plugin is on

Device is added by the ID

I tested communications says 100%

When i click on and off the light doesnt come on or anything??

These are (SwitchLinc V2 600W Dimmer)

Do i group it with the powerlinc USB modem?

What do i do?

Welcome Norton

please post the Tools/Help/message board info so i have a baseline for your setup

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Date/time=10/27/2022 1:15:29 PM EDT
      Version=HomeSeer HS4 Pi Hub G3 Edition 4.2.16.0 (Linux)
      MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.122 (tarball Mon Feb 22 17:40:01 UTC 2021)

License=Registered
      Confguration File=/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HS4Data.json
      Uptime=0 Days 0 Hours 57 Minutes 45 Seconds
      Lan IP=192.168.1.5 (HTPiHubG3v2)
      Device Count=15
      Event Count=1
      Plugins Enabled=MNS Insteon:,Z-Wave:
      Modules/Threads=79 Modules, 48 Threads
      Available Threads=399
      HomeSeer Memory Used=97 Mbytes
      Plugins Installed=MNS Insteon 4.0.4.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0
      Disk Size=28.33GB​

Thank you.
      Tyler from Homeseer said plugin the PLM 2413u to the Homeseer hub. I did that and then for itnerface put (/dev/ttyUSB0) and it connected... When i ran the links it pulled all the devices.

So i added the devices i wanted and created the rooms/events

But when I have for instance the Interior Controller and then the 2 chandeliers it doesn't turn on.

Comment

didn't do anything with a chipset driver...since i was told not needed too as it's a pi hub the white one.

Comment

dont worry about the chipset driver you are all set.

please click "restart system" from the following menu option and then retest control from the hs4 UI

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	28.6 KB ID:	1572931

if that doesn't work.

- Enable detailed logging on the plugin Settings page
          - Retest
          - Post the HS Log that shows the transaction: Goto to the hs tools/log menu, Export the log of the transactions, download it and attach it to your post
          - If the hs log indicates an insteon error was written to the insteon log, Post the Insteon error report log (from the plugin interface page)​

PS. you posted these topics to the old v3 plugin forum. I am having these threads moved to the new forum MNS Insteon for HS4. please use this forum going forward for new topics.​
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

all fixed

Comment

great. thanks for reporting back.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
              X