Insteon devices not responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon devices not responding

Insteon devices are no longer showing up under the Devices section of the plugin and the devices don't respond when turning them on/off in the HS Devices window. Plugin indicates that the Insteon controller is connected. Didn't find anything in the log so I'm reaching out for help.
    Attached Files

What does your Insteon.ini file look like? If it has been corrupted, you can delete and rename your Insteon back up file to Insteon.ini. Just make sure it hasn't been updated to the corrupted file yet.

Comment

I'm using the HomeTroller Pi unit, I assume I have to connect it to a display, kb and mouse to access the .ini file? Where will the file be located?

Comment

check this post
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...77#post1566977
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Ran the commands, here's the output:

running command cat Config/Insteon.ini.tmp[Config]
          HS3EventsMigrated=1
          HubPassword=0Q3v5Ubln2WDvdOkkOY9Iw==
          HubUsername=********
          InterfaceCapability=5
          InterfacePort=172.20.0.46:25105
          NumInterfaceLinks=0
          RecreateDevices=0
          [Settings]
          HubPassword=********

When I click "Display Interface Links"​ no devices show up. I assume that is reading directly from the Insteon Hub?

I may be SOL but fortunately this is a new installation and there's only 6 devices added so far. One question is how can I prevent this from happening again? I have been running backups but may have overwritten it with the missing information. The Max backups is set to the default of 1, will setting this to maybe 7 be any problem?

Comment

yes, your insteon.ini file doesn't include devices.

do you recall seeing an of the following files? insteon0.ini, insteon1.ini, etc?

you might view those to see if you they have your devices listed

in future, a backup is the best option. Also, put your hs platform on a UPS so power flashes don't cause corruption.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
            X