Disconnected Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disconnected Devices

I have a RPI running at a secondary residence. Among several devices, I have a plug in module controlling a lamp. When I leave the house I unplug the module. The state of this device is reported in the app or the browser as if it is still plugged in .. i.e. if I manually or the event programming turn it on or off, the app / browser shows it as being on or off even though it is not plugged in. The Insteon app (using a Hub but it does not control any devices) properly shows it as disconnected. This leaves me concerned about the accuracy of the state of all of my devices being reported by the app / browser. How do I insure that the state of a device being reported is accurate?

please post the tools/help/message board info
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Date/time=11/13/2022 11:13:45 AM EST
      Version=HomeSeer HS4 Pi Edition 4.2.12.0 (Linux)
      MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.122 (tarball Mon Feb 22 17:44:05 UTC 2021)

License=Registered
      Confguration File=/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
      Uptime=0 Days 0 Hours 59 Minutes 14 Seconds
      Lan IP=192.168.1.174 (HS4PiV5)
      Device Count=23
      Event Count=5
      Plugins Enabled=HSBuddy:,MNS Insteon:
      Modules/Threads=79 Modules, 44 Threads
      Available Threads=399
      HomeSeer Memory Used=91 Mbytes
      Plugins Installed=HSBuddy 3.28.1222.5,MNS Insteon 4.0.4.0,Z-Wave 3.0.7.0,Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0
      Disk Size=29.72GB​

Comment

what happens if you run the comm tests on the module from the plugin device page
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I ran the Comm Test from Plugins/ MNS Insteon/Devices with the following result:

Testing communications complete for Device 1 Location Living Room Lamp (51.F2.17)
          Ping Results: 20 out of 20 attempts = 100%

Summary of ping responses:
          Message Stat Count Percentage
          1 Hop (Excellent) 0 0%
          2 Hops (Good) 0 0%
          3 Hops (Poor) 20 100%
          Failed 0 0%
          Not sure how it got 20 ping responses when the device is not pluged in.

Interestingly I ran "Poll Devices" from the Devices page. It changed the status of this device from On to Off. How do we get it to show Disconnected?​

Comment

i can't speak to the insteon app. i know it uses a different protocol to talk to the hub.

others have reported similar experiences when using the insteon hub. its like the hub has cached some responses to the plugin calls.

what happens if you run the reset and reprogram interface from the plugin interface page?

the plugin should report 'unknown' or no response if it gets nothing back.

can you post pics of the plugin advanced settings page
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

ran the reset / reprogram interface. Not much has changed In the app, the device in question still shows that it is On. The device shows in the interface link table even though Picts below

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	71
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1575970​ unplugged.

Comment

5 sec response time on the Hub setting is too high. lower that to 2 secs. what do your basic settings look like?
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I changed the response time to 2 sec. Does the HS4 software / plugin actually check that the device actually responded to an event. Seems like HS4 is assuming that a device responded to an event and is reporting that rather actually polling the device to see if it is present or what it's state is. It woiuld be nice to get an error message if a device fails to respond to an event. Is there a way to add coding to an event to check for this?

Basic info is below

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	66
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1576074​

Comment

errors would be logged to the hs log. events do not monitor results.

you would need to write a script if you want results/output

if you enable detailed logging on the plugin settings page, and rerun the comm test. you can see how the hub provides ping responses back to the plugin (even if the device isn't there)

there is nothing i can do about this.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                    X