• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Devices Stopped Working

System: HS4 w/ Zwave and Insteon plugin
    Using Insteon hub 2245-222
    Approx 30 Insteons and 6 Zwave devices
    all devices working since July, 2022
    1 day ago Insteon devices stopped responding to HS and Alexa commands with the following exceptions:
    2 insteon bulbs stil work 100%
    1 insteon lamp controller responds to on command via event on run but not event off run. Will not respond via device command
    Insteon devices previously on Insteon hub before server shutdown stil respond normally
    All Insteon devices will respond at local device level
    Detailed log indicates no error
    All comms checked out at 100%
    steps taken,
    Reset plug ins (even though no issues noted)
    Restarted HS system, no change
    Recent device change:
    replaced Insteon toggle switch and 2 linked lamp modules with equivalent Zwave plus devices. New devices working as expected

Also, I had not read the post concerning not removing Insteon devices loaded to HS and deleted those mention above in the zwave swap out, my bad. I deleted the events first, then the devices.

Ideas/Suggestions (note, I am a HS newbie​

I need your tools/help/message board info

see the following to block your insteon hub from internet access to make sure this isn't a factor

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...nsteon-hub-now
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Date/time=12/16/2022 9:46:33 AM Eastern Standard Time
      Version=HS4 Standard Edition 4.2.16.0 (Windows)
      License=Registered
      Confguration File=C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\HomeSeerData.json
      In Virtual Machine=No MFG: besstar tech
      Antivirus=Windows Defender
      OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
      OS Version=10.0.19042
      Uptime=0 Days 18 Hours 48 Minutes 59 Seconds
      Lan IP=192.168.1.7 (HTPLUSG2)
      Device Count=91
      Event Count=20
      Processor:=Intel64 Family 6 Model 122 Stepping 8 at 1.03 GHz
      Modules/Threads=138 Modules, 51 Threads
      Available Threads=1023
      System Load=153 Processes, 9% Load
      Free/Total Memory=1.85 GBytes / 3.83 GBytes (48% free)
      Free/Total Virtual Memory=1.69 GBytes / 4.51 GBytes (37% free)
      HomeSeer Memory Used=34 Mbytes
      Plugin Memory Used=2 EXE Plug-Ins using 28 Mbytes
      Plugins Installed=MNS Insteon 4.0.4.0,Z-Wave 4.0.2.0​

Comment

Also working on blocking my Insteon hub using one of the suggested methods. Thanks

Comment

sounds like something is blocking comm from the hub

things to check:

any new electronics plugged in? ie, holiday lights, etc?

any power flashes or outages?

is the hub plugged directly into an outlet?

can you run the 'display links' from the interface from the plugin interface page? are all your devices listed?

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

New Electronics:
            1. Numerous Christmas lights but have been added and working normally since before Thanksgiving
            2. Recently replaced Insteon toggle switch and 2 linked lamp modules with equivalent Z-wave devices. New devices working properly but Insteon issues occurred close to this time. Should I delete those and see if that helps???

Power Issues:
            None, no recent outages or spikes (home is protected by whole house surge protection at each of the breaker boxes)

Hub Electrical Connection:
            Both HS4 and Insteon hubs are powered thru UPS. Both have been connected this way since installation and have not previously has comm issues. Should I try connecting directly to a power outlet???

Display Links from Plugin Interface Page:
            Found and displayed 109 links, appears to be most if not all devices

Comment

powerline noise will confuse the hub and prevent it from working properly. and ups units are notorious culprits.

plugin the hub directly into a wall outlet. the ups should have an insteon or x10 noise suppression filter on it.

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Moved hs4 from ups to outlet and most everything works. THANK YOU
                Question: 1. no issues for over 6 months plugged into ups. Any ideas why now
                2. Now show 4 insteon devices on device list as unregistered and not responding. Wonder why and what to do.
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Blogan View Post
                  Moved hs4 from ups to outlet and most everything works. THANK YOU
                  Question: 1. no issues for over 6 months plugged into ups. Any ideas why now
                  2. Now show 4 insteon devices on device list as unregistered and not responding. Wonder why and what to do.
                  Thanks
                  if think these noise issues are a slow burn until its gets to a certain level.

if you dont recognize the insteon ids, you can edit the device links and delete the links.

a pic of the issue in # 2 might be helpful
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by Blogan View Post
                    New Electronics:
                    1. Numerous Christmas lights but have been added and working normally since before Thanksgiving
                    2. Recently replaced Insteon toggle switch and 2 linked lamp modules with equivalent Z-wave devices. New devices working properly but Insteon issues occurred close to this time. Should I delete those and see if that helps???
                    Removing 3 Insteon devices may have resulted in the mesh network not transmitting as well to other remaining Insteon devices. These devices may have been bridging power phases or helping to boost signal between other devices. A bit strange that your original post indicated 100% comms. Perhaps try plugging in the LampLinc modules near or at the same location and see if the comms improves back closer to original?

Comment

Yeah weird about comms. All devices showed 100% good . I reloaded the unregistered devices and refreshed a couple of affected events. So far all works with just that. I guess my insteon network is still large enough with the replacement of the 3 devices to to still support the comms adequately. Thanks for all the support and advice 🙏.

Comment

glad to hear its working.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                        X