No announcement yet.

Anyone have time to try the HS4 beta with my MNS Insteon plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for detail. This seems to follow with the changes HST made to the plugin SDK/api.

the fun part is people will need to upgrade the plugin (which i need to post a new release) and HS4 around the same time in order to avoid these issues.

i will post another beta for you to test, if you have time

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
      the fun part is people will need to upgrade the plugin (which i need to post a new release) and HS4 around the same time in order to avoid these issues.
      mnsandler , if you update your plugin to use .id instead of .name as discussed in the github thread, then it will work with any version of HS4, so your users could update the plugin before upgrading to HS 4.2.17.0

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

mnsandler , if you update your plugin to use .id instead of .name as discussed in the github thread, then it will work with any version of HS4, so your users could update the plugin before upgrading to HS 4.2.17.0
        perfect. thanks. the challenge is to get the users to update the plugin first i guess.

spud , will there be some sort of announcement that users should check for plugin upgrades before or after upgrading HS4
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Will install the beta when posted. I have the attached this mornings HS error log report. Looked for the "Info *** An error occurred in this plug-in. The details were written to the log file - C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\html\Insteon\log\Insteon-error-report-log.txt" and the file does not exist.

Jim
          Attached Files

Comment

i posted Beta 4.0.4.13 which should resolve the error based on my testing

please backup your homeseer database/system (tools/backup) and plugin exe and dll so you can rollback if necessary
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks, will install and do some testing. Will be later today or this evening. Complete backup 0300 every morning.

Jim

Comment

Installed. Went to a test event that was having issues yesterday. Ok till hit save then received this error. Second time hit save the event saved correctly. No errors showing in the log.
                Attached Files

Comment

Created & edited several other insteon actions events and worked properly. But noticed that when selecting ramp rate the pull down Select a Setting value not sorting properly from shortest to longest times.

Jim
                  Attached Files

Comment

thanks for the feedback.

the ramp rate list has always looked like this. for some reason the largest Hex value translates to 2 secs on some devices, and other values on other devices. so the first value will change a bit.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

if you have chance to check creating a few insteon triggers on a new action, i would appreciate any feedback
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Tonight & tomorrow morning will create events and run thru the insteon trigger that I am able.

Jim

Comment

The following triggers work.
                          Transmits an off / on command
                          Transmits an fast off / on command
                          Transmits a start ramp down command
                          Transmits a start ramp up command

Insteon Config changes only triggers when update or reset the interface. Does not trigger when go into settings, make changes and save.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jrbaldwin View Post
                            The following triggers work.
                            Transmits an off / on command
                            Transmits an fast off / on command
                            Transmits a start ramp down command
                            Transmits a start ramp up command

Insteon Config changes only triggers when update or reset the interface. Does not trigger when go into settings, make changes and save.

Jim
                            thanks again for the feedback. I will checkout the config change trigger when making "settings" changes
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Tested "Added config change trigger call to settings page changes (4.0.5.0)" Config now saved when I make any setting changes.

Thanks, Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X