no devices responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no devices responding

My system runs on it's own and rarely requires me to you my HS for any commands. With that said, I recently got a new router from comcast. I am not sure idf that has anything to do with it or not. none of my schedules are operating as it should and I have no control.

From the interface page under my insteon plug in, this message come up.

Network Details

** Unable to communicate with the Insteon powerline interface ***
    Please make sure the interface Is configured correctly And restart the plug-in.

​Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Running insteon hub
    home troller plus
    HS4

my guess is the local ip address of your insteon hub changed.

check your router for the current local ip address of the hub (the 2nd half of mac address will look like the insteon id)

if that doesn't fix it, please post your tools/help/message board info so i can see your setup
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

that worked! thank you! I really need to find a basic IT course.

Comment

you might consider setting the insteon hub to a reserved ip address in router hdcp service. that way it wont change when you reboot the router

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X