Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few problems after upgrading from HS3 plugin

Hi,

All of my groups seem to partially be in a new floor called Plugin.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	33.9 KB ID:	1600458

I seem to have been able to fix this by changing the floor of the root devices to match that of the feature device, but wanted to at least report it.

Most devices seem to have made it through the upgrade process OK. I have at least 1 Keypad that didn't. The buttons appear as separate devices and the root device is in Room: Plugin and Floor: Insteon. The only odd thing about it is that no load is attached to it. Moving it to the same floor and room as the other button devices did not help to join them. Any ideas how to fix this?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	53.0 KB ID:	1600459

Turns out I actually have two Keypad: Light buttons so that's not an error. It looks I have the detach load option enabled. Could that have caused the problem?​
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Also, some of my voice enabled devices have both the root and feature with voice enabled, and some just have the feature device enabled. Does it matter? I recall reading once that if there is only 1 feature device, enable at the root. If more than one feature device, enable at the feature device. Is that the same with Insteon devices?
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Also, the HS4 Events page takes much longer to load than it used to compared to before installing the Hs4 version of the PI. An exclamation mark showed me that I had to fix a few events due to them losing a single keypad button trigger. I had to reselect the button. This was not from the broken keypad mentioned above. Even after doing that the Events page takes quite a long time to load. Wondering if it could be at all related to the PI upgrade.

Comment

Sorry for all the posts.

Just noticed this in the logs from the broken keypad.

HomeSeer
        Warning
        Device Lower Living Room Keypad (Hallway) - Root is set a feature but points to a non existent device, try the repair option in setup​

These don't appear each time I enter the Events page, but maybe it's why the Events page takes a long time to load. I haven't tried the repair option in setup. Should I?

Comment

to get hs4 to group the device and features together: set the location 1 and location 2 (floor/room) to the same value

voice commands are controlled by hs4. it should work the same with the insteon plugin.

not sure what the events page load time issue is. haven't seen any reports on that. you might check out the hs4 forum for that. the plugin only provides the display info for the insteon triggers and actions which would be very fast.

for the Device Lower Living Room Keypad (Hallway, you can try the hs repair feature; is a hs function. the plugin has a "Fix" button on the Devices page, that will rebuild the root devices and features for everything.

Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Neither the HS fix, nor the PI fix, did anything to the broken keypad. One of them did break more events, though. Any other ideas? I can easily restore to before PI upgrade and try again if needed.

With Detach Load enabled, there is a 9th feature device. Is it possible that is getting in the way?

I checked the Insteon error log and saw this:

3/25/2023 7:02:51 PM - Creating new HomeSeer device: Fan Module - Root (37.08.D3:0)
            3/25/2023 7:02:51 PM - Creating new HomeSeer device: Keypad (Hallway) - Root (3B.89.C4:0)
            3/25/2023 7:02:52 PM - SetFeatureType: Ref 491 is a device. Please use UpdateDeviceByRef()
            3/25/2023 7:02:52 PM - ClearAssociatedDevices NotSet

-----------*Pre-Error Log*----------------​

This must have been the first run of the HS4 PI. 491 is the detached load device. Is this a clue?

Edit: attached entire error log
            Attached Files

Comment

sounds like the 9th feature (detached load) didn't get converted correctly.

you could try changing the detached feature with the plugin, and see if the plugin will rebuild the 9th device correctly.

if you still having issues, i would delete the KPL and register it again. your dev ref IDs will change so you will have to update scripts and events for that device.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
              Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
              Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
              Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I reverted to pre PI upgrade because aside from more events breaking after running those fixes, I seem to have lost device control at least for some. Take Two.

Here is what the Keypad in question looks like pre-upgrade.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	124
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	1600582

Note the detached load is a separate device. I had forgotten about that.

I realized I have another keypad with detach load enabled and here is what it looks like pre-upgrade.

Views:	109
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	1600583

I didn't notice whether or not the "no button" detached load was a feature device post-upgrade. I'm wondering if I enabled that feature on one of the keypads before you made updates to how that new device was created? Should I try RecreateDevice=1 in the ini for the problematic keypad before upgrading?

I also COULD try disabling that feature and upgrading again, I suppose. I don't think I have any programming on that device. It might be in an all off group just to be sure it's off, but that'd be it.

Comment

on the living room keypad, can you disable and reenable the load and see if it is created correctly in hs3. basically the associated/relationship device isn't correct. i can't fix this in hs3 but could in hs4.

thanks for all the feedback.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I disabled and re-enabled the Detach Load feature pre-PI upgrade. That seemed to fix the relationships and brought the load into the group with the rest of the buttons. I then upgraded the PI again and the keypad in question looks good this time.

My groups were still split across different floors but no biggie.

My Events page still takes much longer to load, though. Events with triggers including one single keypad button were broken again. I don't know why it's just that one button. Even after fixing those events the page still takes too long to load. 7 seconds or so. It was just a second pre-PI-upgrade. Not sure where to look regarding this.

I only see one error in the error log this time.

Error: Error in DeviceExtraDataString: ref=Unknown, OptionKey=inifile: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. -- Details System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                    at HSPI_Insteon.HomeseerAPI.HSAPI.set_DeviceExtraDataString(HsD evice dv, String OptionKey, String value) -- 3/26/2023 7:45:41 PM

Comment

not sure about the events page load time. you might visit a few events and re-save them and see if that makes a difference.

regarding the error, do you have the following device

Views:	106
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	1600690

if so, check the MNS Insteon tab. i should contain the contents of the insteon.ini file

Views:	89
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	1600691
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yes I do have that device and it does appear to be showing the ini contents

Comment

if you restart the plugin, do you get the same or similar error ?

this might just be a first time use error, which i can fix
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I restarted the PI and nothing new was written to the Insteon error log file. I also did not see any errors in the HS log.

My Events page went from 7 seconds to load yesterday, to about 20 seconds to load today. Very frustrating. I've emailed HS support but no response yet.

Comment

I discovered something odd about the 1 keypad button that broke some events. When I search for the button name in the HS search field in the header, the device itself appears in the results, but none of the events that have that device selected appear. I searched for another button on that same keypad, and those events do appear. Does this indicate some sort of problem with this one device? The keypad button in question is labelled "Keypad #2: Security". This is the button that was lost in all events that had it as part of a trigger. Wondering if I should revert, try fixing this device in a yet undetermined manner, and upgrading again. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                              X