X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation & config

Description

modbusSeer is designed to interact with Modbus TCP devices(Only TCP devices supported as of now). The plugin will read/write your Modbus master devices on the addresses you add to the plugin. Devices will be created for each slave(register address) but the configuration of the device(buttons, status, etc) has to be done through HomeSeer UI as of now.

Requirements
    • Running HS4 application
    • Windows .NET Framework 4.6.2 or later
    • Modbus to ethernet adapter. Recommendation to come.
    Installation

Add the plugin as you would normally add any HomeSeer plugin:
    • Go to Plugins>Add
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Add.png Views:	0 Size:	18.3 KB ID:	1462432
    • Search for 'modbusSeer' and plugin will show up
    Click image for larger version

Name:	modbusSeer.png
Views:	535
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	1463295
    • When you click the plugin a popup will appear, click install

Name:	popup.png
Views:	407
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	1463296

A popup will tell you if the installation was ok or not.

Once you have the plugin installed you can head over to Plugins>modbusSeer>READ ME BEFORE USE and there will be additional information about the installation etc.

Configuration
    • Navigate to Plugin>modbusSeer>configuration

Name:	configuration.png
Views:	387
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	1463297
    • Go through the steps to configure the modbusSeer plugin. First: Polling. Enter how long the delay should be between polling data for all masters. in Seconds.
    ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Click image for larger version

Name:	polling.png
Views:	410
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	1463298
    • Second, debug: Enable this if you want extra logging(do so if required by me during troubleshooting).
    ​​​​​​​Click image for larger version

Name:	debug.png
Views:	400
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	1463299
    • Then click 'Save' and a popup will eventually show up to tell you if login succeeded or not. Please wait for pop-up confirmation.

Hi, great to see a new Modbus plug-in for HS4. When is the serial version coming? Thx, Jan

Comment

Originally posted by janjanssen View Post
      Hi, great to see a new Modbus plug-in for HS4. When is the serial version coming? Thx, Jan
      Hi,

Hoping to get time for this soon. It will be a small fix, but I need to test it. So during summer i would estimate.

Comment

My bad!... Related : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...eerygaz?f=1303

That's very good to know news and would be also best publicised as an addition (notify to whoever it may concern) at the frequently visited General Discussions Forum that Modbus Plug-in is indeed live and kicking... And it's also HS4 version because it's no where in the Updater

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Hi, Mr. Salvesen

Well past summer now; When will it cover serial?

Comment

Originally posted by SteinarH View Post
            Hi, Mr. Salvesen

Well past summer now; When will it cover serial?
            Hi, your right. Unfortunatly I did not have any time this sumer. it is in the plans, but I dont know when I will have time for it. Hopfully soon.

Comment

Working...
            X