X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware installation

TCP:
    ATTENTION: As of today this plugin only supports Modbus to TCP/Ethernet converters. It will support serial in the future.

Any mobs to TCP converter should work fine, but for my setup, I use USR-TCP232-410s serial device server. It is fairly affordable and stable. It has an IP interface and there is also software to use for location/configuring.

Use the configure interface to set up your device as described by your Modbus equipment documentation.

TODO: update this page with more info.

salvesen I just purchased the same RS485 to Ethernet adapter that you mentioned above (USR-TCP232-410s) but I'm having trouble trying to access its settings web interface. Did you need a crossover cable to be able to connect to it via ethernet? How were you able to configure it? Any insight you could provide would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by begunfx View Post
      salvesen I just purchased the same RS485 to Ethernet adapter that you mentioned above (USR-TCP232-410s) but I'm having trouble trying to access its settings web interface. Did you need a crossover cable to be able to connect to it via ethernet? How were you able to configure it? Any insight you could provide would be much appreciated. Thanks!
      Hi,

No special cable needed. I belive the company has a neat little app that you can use if you search them up. Let me know if you dont find it and I will try to source it have a nice day!

Comment

a
        Originally posted by salvesen View Post

Hi,

No special cable needed. I belive the company has a neat little app that you can use if you search them up. Let me know if you don't find it and I will try to source it have a nice day!
        Thanks for the response salvesen. Turns out I didn't need it at all. I was able to connect to my SolarEdge Inverter via ethernet. As for the adapter. I was able to finally connect to it via a windows 10 machine. I think there may be issues with Mac (crossover cable may be required for a Mac connection?). Have a nice day too!

Comment

Originally posted by begunfx View Post
          a

Thanks for the response salvesen. Turns out I didn't need it at all. I was able to connect to my SolarEdge Inverter via ethernet. As for the adapter. I was able to finally connect to it via a windows 10 machine. I think there may be issues with Mac (crossover cable may be required for a Mac connection?). Have a nice day too!
          Aha, I missed the mac part! It might be related, I havent worked on Mac for about 10+ years due to my boss being a super non fanboy of mac lol.

Glad you got it working!

Comment

Hello
            with HS3 I had used a plugin (modbus) that worked very well but I would like to integrate a Daikin air conditioning system (FBA50A..) equal to the one I used with the plugin in HS3 also with the HS4 software. Does this plugin work with an RS485 to Ethernet converters USR-TCP232-304?
            Thanks
            Massimo-RenderCAD srl
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	66
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	1641521​​​

Comment

Working...
            X