Few seconds delay when switching lights off then back on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few seconds delay when switching lights off then back on

Hi all, really enjoying being able to control my hue lights in homeseer natively now with HS4 especially as it's allowed me to mix other brand wall controllers such as the LightwaveRF mood switch together via my RFXcom to control Hue + others!

However the other day I noticed that if I set a room's hue lights to all off via the plugin, then straight after activate a Hue scene for the same room, the scene does not activate until HS4 updates the status of the room's lights. The problem only came to light when I pressed the wrong wall button, lights turned off, but then wouldn't come back on a again straight away leaving me in the dark for a few seconds! I came to this conclusion of it waiting until the status updates while observing the device list on the dashboard. As soon as HS updates the Hue status icon to Off the next scene command is actioned. The delay seems to be around 4 seconds (seems a long time to wait for a light to turn back on in the dark!). Changing scenes through HS4 within a room is instant - it only seems to affect the room off/room scene on sequence.

By comparison, using a Philips remote I am able to toggle between off and scene on with no delays.

Does anyone else see this behaviour?

Rob.
Working...
X