Hue Bulbs will not change CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hue Bulbs will not change CT

rjh I have an event that tries to change the CT on some hue white ambiance bulbs. I have selected a value from the drop down box in the event. See pic. No matter what value I select the bulbs come on yellow. I have tried reversing the order in the event, On first then CT and CT first then On, but no change. Also as you can see the selection starts at 153 instead of 1. Is that correct?

Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix? TIA

Anyone? The CT values for the hue bulbs will not respond to CT changes! The values in the drop down do not seem to be correct. The hue bridge does not seem to be getting or acknowledging the commands. These bulbs range from 2200K to 6500K not 153 to 500.

Anyone else seeing this? TIA

Comment

The hue API use a scale called “reciprocal megakelvin” or “mirek” for color temperature which goes from 153 to 500

hue supports color temperatures from 2000K (warm) to 6500K (cold) with great white light. To set the light to a white value you need to interact with the “ct” (color temperature) resource, which takes values in a scale called “reciprocal megakelvin” or “mirek”. Using this scale, the warmest color 2000K is 500 mirek("ct":500)and the coldest color 6500K is 153 mirek ("ct":153)
      I just tested color temperature with my color bulbs and it seems to work as expected. I don't have a white bulb to test with though.
      Please set the log level to Trace, and try to change the color temperature from the device page, then post what you get in the logs. Thanks

Comment

This issue has been resolved but thanks Spud for the reply.

Comment

Working...
        X