Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a Hue Bridge required, or can I run Hue lighting on HS4 with a Zigbee stick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a Hue Bridge required, or can I run Hue lighting on HS4 with a Zigbee stick?

Trying to add some outdoor lighting and am a little confused. Do I need a Zigbee stick if I get the Hue Bridge?

Originally posted by Schly View Post
    Trying to add some outdoor lighting and am a little confused. Do I need a Zigbee stick if I get the Hue Bridge?
    You can take a pick... : https://www.the-ambient.com/how-to/s...ut-bridge-1563

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

You're asking the question two ways. The title asks if you can use Hue lighting with a Zigbee stick? Yes, you can.

The body of the message asks if you need a zigbee stick if you have a Hue bridge. No, you do not.

Personally, Do yourself a favor and get a bridge for use with Hue lighting. There's certain features of Hue lighting that only work with their bridge.

Disclaimer: I use the Jowihue plugin with HS4, not the HST Free plugin.
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post

You're asking the question two ways. The title asks if you can use Hue lighting with a Zigbee stick? Yes, you can.

The body of the message asks if you need a zigbee stick if you have a Hue bridge. No, you do not.

Personally, Do yourself a favor and get a bridge for use with Hue lighting. There's certain features of Hue lighting that only work with their bridge.

Disclaimer: I use the Jowihue plugin with HS4, not the HST Free plugin.
        Yeah, I think I’m just going to use the hue bridge and the HS4 plugin. Seems the most straightforward.

Comment

Yeah, I think I’m just going to use the hue bridge and the HS4 plugin. Seems the most straightforward.
          I can't speak for the HS4 plugin but the Hue bridge in combination with Hue lighting is very easy to work with. You're only about 80 miles north of me. I'll send you a PM with my contact info. Let me know if you're ever down this way and I'll give you a tour of the villa.
          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
          X