Linked Device - Hue Not turning Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linked Device - Hue Not turning Off

So I am just diving into the Hue bulb ecosystem, and I'm replacing some existing line-voltage dimmed white light LED bulbs. The existing bulbs are controlled by HS-WD100 wall dimmers, so I plan on wiring around them to send constant hot to the Hue bulb sockets.

Thing is, I would like to keep the wall dimmers in place for manual control of the Hue bulbs. I've successfully linked the WD Dimmer child device to the new Hue bulb Brightness device in the WD dimmer Device Settings tab, which works great at tracking the intensity of the wall dimmer to the Hue bulb.

However, it doesn't turn off. The wall dimmer turns off, but the Hue bulb just sits there.

Is this a Bug? do I need to go through and make triggers to track the wall dimmer devices off to turn off the Hue Bulbs? Do I need to swap out to HS-WS wall relay switches to actually kill them? Do Hue bulbs get mad when they can't be reached?

I'm on HS v4.2.0, and I think there are other bugs out there in this version, I'm not sure if this is one of them.

Thanks.

In case anybody's following this, the issue still remains in 4.2.5.0.

Since I only had 4 dimmers, I added 4 events that set the Status of the Hue Zones to Off whenever the WD dimmer device turns off.

Comment

Working...
    X