Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Controls Missing on Philips Hue Devices for Hue Plugin 4.0.24.0 when Creating Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controls Missing on Philips Hue Devices for Hue Plugin 4.0.24.0 when Creating Events

I'm having an issue now with the Philips Hue (HomeSeer) Plugin in HS4 (4.2.5.0). I'm currently using the latest version: 4.0.24.0 . I have completely uninstalled the plugin, removed the PhilipsHue.ini file from the C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Config , re-installed the plugin, added back my 3 bridges, and then had the plugin discover all lights, groups, and devices on the bridges.

When I try to create a new event to control any of the Philips Hue lights that belong to the bridge, and I choose any light or group, the Control is "missing", so I'm unable to control any of these devices through an event. They show up find on the Devices page and I can control them this way.

Has anyone experienced this...not sure if this is a bug in the plugin?

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-11-04_12-07-49.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.6 KB ID:	1506324

royf Are you using the status child device?

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.png
Views:	243
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	1506374

Comment

cowinger You are exactly right. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The challenge is that I have over 100 bulbs and over 50 groups. When the plugin creates the HomeSeer devices for each light, group, sensor, the control on each one has the same name, i.e. Plugin-PhilipsHue-Status . When trying to choose the correct device in the Event Creation page, it's almost impossible to know which parent it belongs to. It would be nice if the plugin created the status child device names with the parent device name as a prefix!

In your screenshot, the child status devices look like they are grouped under the parent device. I'm not sure if you had to rename them manually, but your UI looks different.

Name:	PhilipsHue_Devices.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	1506396

Name:	PhilipsHue_Events.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	1506397

Comment

royf Yes, unfortunately I had to rename each one so they can be recognized. If you rename the Status device in your example to Kitchen Ceiling 5 Status then it will be easy to find.

Comment

Seeing the same challenges here, all of them called "STATUS" and it is hard to find them (searching is not possible, no way to identify the right device). Renaming could be a (very unattractive) solution but how do I do that in the UI? There is no SAVE button in the UI.

The ideal solution would be to have the name of the HUE instance be part of all features. Eg. Kitchen-STATUS, Kitchen-BRIGHTNESS, Kitchen-HUE, etc.

One additional question, if I change the name of a HUE device in the HUE app, how can I trigger updating the names in HS? I have seen a previous post on this that basically said it is not happening but still it would be nice to have it as an option to resync names.

Comment

Working...
          X