Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scenes

spud Would it be possible for the plugin to create devices for scenes that are associated with the bridge? The device would need a feature that would allow for either activating or deactivating the scene manually.

What I'd like to do, using Easy Trigger, is push a scene to a stack and then be able to pop it from the stack to restart the scene. This way I could pause the current running scene, replace it with another action or scene for a duration, and then revert back to the original scene.

Use case: During the holidays my front outdoor lights are displaying a holiday scene. If someone opens the front door or if motion is detected, I could push the running scene to a stack, brighten the front lights and change their color to bright white (either using another scene or with normal HS actions), wait 3 minutes, and then pop the original scene from the stack to restore the original scene.

Would this be possible without too much trouble on your behalf?

Also, do you foresee Transitioning Scenes (where bulbs rotate through changing colors) being supported once you upgrade the plugin to the Hue V2 API?

Thanks,

--Barry

Originally posted by logman View Post
    spud Would it be possible for the plugin to create devices for scenes that are associated with the bridge? The device would need a feature that would allow for either activating or deactivating the scene manually.

What I'd like to do, using Easy Trigger, is push a scene to a stack and then be able to pop it from the stack to restart the scene. This way I could pause the current running scene, replace it with another action or scene for a duration, and then revert back to the original scene.

Use case: During the holidays my front outdoor lights are displaying a holiday scene. If someone opens the front door or if motion is detected, I could push the running scene to a stack, brighten the front lights and change their color to bright white (either using another scene or with normal HS actions), wait 3 minutes, and then pop the original scene from the stack to restore the original scene.

Would this be possible without too much trouble on your behalf?

Also, do you foresee Transitioning Scenes (where bulbs rotate through changing colors) being supported once you upgrade the plugin to the Hue V2 API?

Thanks,

--Barry
    As a follow-up, I was able to accomplish the above by creating a single virtual device that represents various scenes available on the bridge (or across multiple bridges). I can push the virtual device to the stack to record the active scene, and then pop it from the stack to reactivate the scene. It works brilliantly and will save tons of time when setting up events.

I can give a more in-depth explanation if anyone is interested.

--Barry

Comment

I am interested. I just recently installed a few hue lights in some lamps that were on zwave dimmers. I have been using scenemaster - however I am not sure of the best solution to create scenes that include hue along with zwave and other devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i am also very interested as this is exactly what I would like to do. I completely understand the terminology (pushing stacks, etc) but do not know how to do this in HS4 pro. You also would not know how once you restore an animated scene, the process needed to start the animation.

Comment

Working...
        X