Smartthings devices not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smartthings devices not updating

I have been using the smartthings plugin for about a week. The device control works fine (on/off) but the other devices associated with the appliance are not updating. Looking at the logs, it also seems to have additional sensors available that have no devices created in Homeseer. I have logs available but did not want to publish on the forum incase they contain keys etc.

Originally posted by ozinnewy View Post
    I have been using the smartthings plugin for about a week. The device control works fine (on/off) but the other devices associated with the appliance are not updating. Looking at the logs, it also seems to have additional sensors available that have no devices created in Homeseer. I have logs available but did not want to publish on the forum incase they contain keys etc.
    spud
    In my case the audio volume is not updating for my Smart TV.

Also the mute is not updating.

---
    John

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post

spud
      In my case the audio volume is not updating for my Smart TV.

Also the mute is not updating.

---
      John
      Set the log level debug and check if the volume level and mute status is sent to the plugin. According to another user it wasn't so if it is true, there is not much I can do. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...77#post1381977

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

Set the log level debug and check if the volume level and mute status is sent to the plugin. According to another user it wasn't so if it is true, there is not much I can do. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...77#post1381977
        In the log there is:

"audioVolume":{"volume":{"value":22,"unit":"%","timestamp":" 2020-11-19T12:29:58.529+0000"}},

But in all cases it will have a value of "22".

---
        John

Comment

I have the same problem with an aeotec smart switch 7, it takes quite some time for the device in homeseer to update
          Even turning the device on/off in homeseer makes the device react direct but the status update in homeseer takes several seconds.
          status change in homeseer takes about 25 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by akatar View Post
            I have the same problem with an aeotec smart switch 7, it takes quite some time for the device in homeseer to update
            Even turning the device on/off in homeseer makes the device react direct but the status update in homeseer takes several seconds.
            status change in homeseer takes about 25 seconds
            After sending a command the plugin wait 500ms and poll the device for status, this delay may not be enough and you probably get the old status, so that the new status is only retrieved on the next polling cycle. You can change the polling interval for each device by clicking on the device and going to the SmartThings tab. At the bottom of this page there is a polling interval field you can change.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

After sending a command the plugin wait 500ms and poll the device for status, this delay may not be enough and you probably get the old status, so that the new status is only retrieved on the next polling cycle. You can change the polling interval for each device by clicking on the device and going to the SmartThings tab. At the bottom of this page there is a polling interval field you can change.
              Yes, thank you.
              I guess everything is using the cloud and not direct to the hub?

I'm sorry but i have another question
              i added a smartthings aeotec water sensor and i have in homeseer also now a "thing"??

Definition:
              { "deviceId": "368827c7-55b7-469f-8a08-7d5553586a5a", "name": "Thing", "label": "Thing", "deviceManufacturerCode": "LUMI", "locationId": "acab4d4e-eeac-4cba-9d42-16dcdd9bba33", "deviceTypeId": "0144b700-9df5-4f06-9bfe-7a5d056b8aac", "deviceTypeName": "Thing", "deviceNetworkType": "ZIGBEE", "components": [ { "id": "main", "capabilities": [] } ], "dth": { "deviceTypeId": "0144b700-9df5-4f06-9bfe-7a5d056b8aac", "deviceTypeName": "Thing", "deviceNetworkType": "ZIGBEE", "completedSetup": false, "networkSecurityLevel": "UNKNOWN", "hubId": "d0322a0e-ca31-47a3-933b-e77b72a0f670" }, "type": "DTH" }

any idea what this is?

Comment

yes the plugin does not connect directly to the hub, it uses the Smartthings cloud for all the communications.

no idea what this "thing" device is. It reports no capabilities so there is not much you can do with it.

Comment

Working...
                X