TPLinkSmartHome4 2021.4.30.0 Plugin Start stuck in Pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPLinkSmartHome4 2021.4.30.0 Plugin Start stuck in Pending

I installed ver 2021.4.30.0 with no problems. When i try to start the plugin, the plugin page says:
    TPLinkSmartHome4
    INFO: Plugin start is pending

However, in the log file, it says:
    7/10/2021 1:37:37 PM HomeSeer Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in TPLinkSmartHome4

7/10/2021 1:37:37 PM HomeSeer Starting Plug-In TPLinkSmartHome4 loaded in 15090 milliseconds

7/10/2021 1:37:36 PM HomeSeer Plug-In Found plug-in: TPLinkSmartHome4, version: 2021.4.30.0

Running latest version of Homeseer:

HS4 Pro Edition 4.1.18.0 (Windows)

I haven't installed any TPLink smart switches yet, does the plugin need to see one on the network to initialize properly?

Thank you!

I was looking in the TPLinkSmartHome4 config file and noticed it said something about needing Microsoft.net 4.8. I didn't have .net 4.8 runtime loaded on the server homeseer was running on. I installed .net 4.8, restarted my server and the plugin started up, I was able to discover a newly installed KASA switch and it works fine.

Thank you!

Comment

Wow! Thank you for this post and your detective work. I knew that I compiled using 4.8 and should have known it was a dependency. I will add that to the my instructions.
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Hi, where do we find the instructions for installation? I suspect that I am also missing .net 4.8.
        Thanks.

Comment

There aren't any "instructions" per se. The Homeseer install just installs it. I was going to add some logic to the program to check the .NET version and write an error to the log.
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

papacopter,

Download the Microsoft Net 4.8 runtime from here: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/downloa...ramework/net48
            Run the downloaded installer and Net 4.8 will load. Once it's completed, shutdown homeseer and then restart it. You may have to enable the TPLink plugin if it was disabled when you shutdown homeseer.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I am running on Linux, on the raspberry PI. So, the instructions I found are a bit more involved, and I couldn't get the installer to run because my /tmp partition is too small.
              In the end, I gave up on going straight from Homeseer to TPLink. I got it to work by going TPLink to Smarthings to Homeseer. Sigh.
              Thanks jasv for the help - I realize that it's difficult to support many platforms on a side project is difficult.

Comment

Did you end up going through node-red? I didn't realize it was Linux. I will re-test my linux install to see if there are any issues.
                Thanks for the feedback.
                James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

node-red is new to me. No, I simply use the TPLink integration that Smartthings has, and then the Homeseer integration for Smartthings. I don't love the chain, but it works quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by papacopter View Post
                    node-red is new to me. No, I simply use the TPLink integration that Smartthings has, and then the Homeseer integration for Smartthings. I don't love the chain, but it works quite well.
                    Got it. I don't think I really need NET 4.8 but I need to confirm. Once I've tested/verified Linux, I will post an update. It may be a week or so due to my work load.
                    Thanks.
                    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
                    X