Unable to add device to Homeseer 4pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to add device to Homeseer 4pi

I have a HomeSeer HS4 Pi Hub G1 Edition 4.2.6.0 (Linux) running HS4 v 4.2.6.0. What is happening is when i try to discover a TP link power plug to the homeseer devices i get the following error.
    Discovered 0 TPLink devices at 2021Dec03 4:17:00 PM You may have your firewall blocking inbound traffic for the plugin. Please update the rules to allow local traffic for anything with tplinksmarthome.
    I have checked all firewall settings and do not find any blocking. This unit is my second HS4 controller and the Kasa app will not let different homes be use so I have added it to my orgiginal Kasa plugin. I am looking for ideas to add the unit.

What version of the plugin are you running?
    Do you have the IP for the device? If so, can you ping it from your HS computer?
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

[QUOTE=wolfe4656;n1511835]I have checked all firewall settings and do not find any blocking. /QUOTE]

A way to test this is to turn off your firewall and try the plugin. If it works with the firewall turned off, the you must explicitly allow the TPLinkSmartHome program.
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

on my router the the power plug gets a IP address. I went to my firewall settings for the router and could not find any blocking or passing of the TPLink program. I have a Kasa account already for my Ohio location however the app does not let me setup two locations and I thought this might be effecting the operation. the power plug shows up in my Kasa app but is not recognized by the Florida location. If it should work with two different locations on HS4 then I will have to go deeper into the firewall. The plugin works ok in my Ohio location.

Comment

If Kasa won't work then it is likely the plugin will not work either. I did not mean your router firewall as much as the HS computer that is running the plug-in. The plugin has to be able to reach the device. Can you open a terminal window in your Linux box that is Running the plugin and see if you can ping the ip address of the device?
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I will try, iam not the greatest on Linux. Kasa does work with the android app & I can control the device. When I try to add to homeseer I get the plug in returns nothing error.

Comment

Have you tried to use the discover using the "Kasa" option?
              James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I have tried all modes, don't have ip address.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfe4656 View Post
                  I have tried all modes, don't have ip address.
                  Can you send me a screen shot of your plugin error?
                  James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Also,
                    1. Can you look in Kasa and find the Mac address for the device
                    2. Open a terminal window in your linux box that has Homeseer
                    3. In your terminal window type "arp -a |more" without the quotes
                    4. Look for the device mac address and write down the corresponding ip address
                    5. if need be press the space bar to continue to the next page.
                    6. once you have the ip, type "ping" followed by the ip address
                    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	kasa plugin.PNG
Views:	159
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	1512351 Will try that and get back.

Comment

Here is what I got, It never finished the ping. Click image for larger version

Name:	Ping return HS4 Fl.PNG
Views:	145
Size:	345.7 KB
ID:	1512363

Comment

Linux doesn't end pings. You have to stop it with a Crtl c. Your images help. Let me take a look at the code to identify the "not in network" conditions. Now that you have the ip address have you tried adding it by ip?
                          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by wolfe4656 View Post
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	kasa plugin.PNG
Views:	159
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	1512351 Will try that and get back.
                            Do you happen to have another TPLink device? I remember some issues when there was only a single device. More of a "suspicion" than a fact.
                            James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I will try another TP link device I do have a second one.

Comment

Working...
                              X