No announcement yet.

Unable to add device to Homeseer 4pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No luck I have added a second unit and same error. I un-installed plugin and re-installed with no luck.

Comment

I will spend some time this week trying to recreate the issue in my Linux system. I will let you know what I find.
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Thank You, its wierd I did update to the latest HS4 before I added any nodes. My version at home is working but was done a few months back.

Current Version: 4.2.6.0CHECK UPDATE
        Latest Release: NoneREINSTALL UPDATERELEASE NOTES
        Latest Beta: 4.2.7.0INSTALL BETA...

Comment

I have exactly this issue, have tried everything, including firewall stuff and still get the "plugin returned no data" message.

Comment

Originally posted by artstein View Post
            I have exactly this issue, have tried everything, including firewall stuff and still get the "plugin returned no data" message.
            Are you running the latest version from the updater? Also, are you using TPLink Kasa devices? The plugin doesn't support Tapo devices.
            James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by jasv View Post

Are you running the latest version from the updater? Also, are you using TPLink Kasa devices? The plugin doesn't support Tapo devices.
              Yes and yes (I think... I'll have to look into what a Tapo device is... I was just going on the assumption that the TPLink switches were the same, for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by jasv View Post

I did a Tapo device to see if there is a way I can support it with the plugin. I should know more by Mid Nov.
                James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I have 2 Kasa plugs installed in current version of Kasa app working fine. Installed TPLink plugin in HS4 Pi Hub. None of the methods find the plugs. Tried shutting Defender firewall down - no difference. Using Kasa access method get an error on old app version??
                  errormessage:LoginTopKasa error:App version is too old

Comment

Originally posted by pcowley32@gmail.com View Post
                    I have 2 Kasa plugs installed in current version of Kasa app working fine. Installed TPLink plugin in HS4 Pi Hub. None of the methods find the plugs. Tried shutting Defender firewall down - no difference. Using Kasa access method get an error on old app version??

I have a HS4 PI Hub and I just tried using the adding of devices using Discover with KASA and it worked. The Discover by broadcase part doesn't seem to return any new devices. If you are using the Pi hub there shouldn't be any need to turn off the firewall.

Can you take a snapshot of the screen where you get the error?
                    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
                    X