Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tuya - does it support instant status update or just X minutes intervals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuya - does it support instant status update or just X minutes intervals?

Hi

Can anyone explain if Tuya support offers real time status update or just X minutes intervals like pooling. For example if I turn on Tuya Light switch. Will the status be updated instantly or on X minutes interval?

Thank you

Br,
    Dali

The current HS4 Tuya plugin does not support real time status update, it only rely on polling.
    This is something that could potentially be added, but it's a bit complicate to implement and would have to go through MyHS.

Comment

Thank you for explanation.

Real time status update would really be great as there are many great Tuya products our there. Especially Din Rail models.

Br,
      Dali

Comment

In my case I see an immediate status update. I am running HS4 on a Raspbian Pi4 with Raspbian Buster.
        ---
        Cor

Comment

Originally posted by Cor View Post
          In my case I see an immediate status update. I am running HS4 on a Raspbian Pi4 with Raspbian Buster.
          ---
          Cor
          How is that possible with a minimum poll interval of one miute.

Do you see the immediate status update when you control the device using the Tuya app?

---
          John

Comment

Yes, lets say less then a second. Fast network?
            ---
            Cor

Comment

I am using version 4.0.14.0

Comment

Here some log info

Code:
                 [TABLE="cellspacing: 0"]
                [TR]
                [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]mei-09 13:30:48[/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Device Control[/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Device: Plugin Tuya Switch 1 to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler[/COLOR][/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [/TABLE]
                [TR]
                [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]mei-09 13:30:46[/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Device: Plugin Tuya Switch 1 to On (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler[/COLOR][/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [/TABLE]
                [TR]
                [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]mei-09 13:30:43[/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Device: Plugin Tuya Switch 4 to On (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler[/COLOR][/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [/TABLE]
                [TR]
                [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]mei-09 13:30:41[/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Device: Plugin Tuya Switch 4 to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler[/COLOR][/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [/TABLE]
                [TR]
                [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]mei-09 13:30:38[/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Device: Plugin Tuya Switch 4 to On (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler[/COLOR][/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [/TABLE]

Comment

Here some log info

Code:
                  [TR]
                  [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]mei-09 13:30:48[/COLOR][/TD]
                  [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Device: Plugin Tuya Switch 1 to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler[/COLOR][/TD]
                  [/TR]
                  [/TABLE]
                  [TR]
                  [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]mei-09 13:30:46[/COLOR][/TD]
                  [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Device: Plugin Tuya Switch 1 to On (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler[/COLOR][/TD]
                  [/TR]
                  [/TABLE]
                  [TR]
                  [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]mei-09 13:30:43[/COLOR][/TD]
                  [/TR]
                  [/TABLE]
                  [TR]
                  [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]mei-09 13:30:41[/COLOR][/TD]
                  [TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Device: Plugin Tuya Switch 4 to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler[/COLOR][/TD]
                  [/TR]
                  [/TABLE]
                  [TR]
                  [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]mei-09 13:30:38[/COLOR][/TD]
                  [/TR]
                  [/TABLE]
                  These logs show that you controlled your tuya devices from HomeSeer. So yes it's normal you get instant status update when you control the devices from HomeSeer, but it's impossible that you get instant status update when the devices are not controlled from HomeSeer (like from the Tuya app for example)

Comment

Well, if I use the Tuya app I also see an immediate respons off swiching the lights. I use the TuaSmart app
                    ---
                    Cor

Comment

It also works vice versa. If I use the app yhen I can see the icon change in Homeseer. Immediately. And the other way around.
                      ---
                      Cor

Comment

It also works vice versa. If I use the app yhen I can see the icon change in Homeseer. Immediately. And the other way around.
                        ---
                        Cor
                        What is your setting for the poll interval?

---
                        John

Comment

2 minutes, in the HomeSeer plugin settings.
                          ---
                          Cor

Comment

Perhaps is the reason that I use different Tuya devices?
                            I use 4 Smart Plugs SE131 from ZooZee
                            ---
                            Cor

Comment

I just got a TUYA Thermostat to play with.

It works as expected I guess. When controlling it from the HS the changes are instant. But when HS fetches the state of the device if will reply on the poll interval setting.
                              That is actually not good at all. Imagine having a power limit warning event. In 2 minutes time many things can happen

I hope we see an instant status update soon.

Thank you

Br,
                              Dali

Comment

Working...
                              X