Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triggering Tuya Smarts

Hi there,

Are there any plans to enable this plugin to trigger smarts defined in Tuya?

In all honesty, to date I've addressed discovered shortcomings in native Tuya plugin devices/behaviours (specifically, controlling IR devices) by way of defining Tap-to-Run Smarts in Tuya app to execute the desired sequence of button presses, then used HS IFTTT plugin to indirectly trigger them.

Since IFTTT has just switched to 3 applet limit on free a/cs, this recourse now no longer low hanging fruit.

That said, were a Tuya Smart be able to be triggered from HS4 event, that would neatly alleviate need for IFTTT and offer benefits to any other use cases that may possibly utilise Tuya Smarts.

Do very much recognise and appreciate that getting all my home automation business logic onto the "one page" in HS my ultimate desired objective, but until plugin perfected, enabling trigger of Tuya Smarts would be an extremely valuable addition (as well as significantly improving its possible utility!).

Many thanks for your ongoing work and kind regards

it looks like Tuya recently added support for scenes to their API, so I will have a look at what can be added to the plugin.

Comment

That's the best news I've had all year(!) 😆

Thanks a million for looking into it and for the heads up - much appreciated and looking forward to see what may be accomplished.

Seriously, I'm sure that this innovation would be a hugely powerful and valuable addition to the plugin, of that I've no doubt.
      Since tap to run scenes can do pretty much anything Tuya can, this offers many avenues for exploitation. I imagine that due to hardware prevalence alone, there'll be more and more users considering HS that have a fair folio of existing Tuya "Smarts" and this will seriously lower the accessibility and usability bars.
      Frankly the only remaining reason I had still been using IFTTT at all was its capability to execute a SmartLife scene and excited at the prospect of being able to pretty much permanently altogether retire IFTTT from my HA.
      Since getting onto the Homeseer platform (from Vera), I've needed less and less other (costly) componentry to have everything working off of HS and continue to strive to get all my tech working to its max solely using Homeseer alone.

If any marketing dudes @ HS reading this, "No need for IFTTT!" would make for a potent part of the advertising right now - I believe able to be largely said irrespective of this particular plugin's evolution, aye!

Anyhow, kind regards and thanks again for your time and most valuable and valued work.

Comment

Any updates on being able to change scenes from event or script

Thanks

Comment

Sorry for the delay
          In version 4.0.31 (available as a beta) an "Execute Scene" event action has been added. It allows to run a scene (=Tuya Smart) from a homeseer event

Click image for larger version

Name:	executescene.JPG
Views:	424
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	1503615

Comment

Hi spud
            "Tuya scenes" will solve the control problem - GREAT!
            If you need beta testers then count me in and let me know how to enroll !

Comment

Originally posted by sharan View Post
              Hi spud
              "Tuya scenes" will solve the control problem - GREAT!
              If you need beta testers then count me in and let me know how to enroll !
              Configure your scenes from the Tuya app
              Install version 4.0.31 from the Plugins > add page
              Configure an event with a "Tuya Actions > Execute scene" action
              Test the event

Note: every time you create new scenes in the Tuya app, you will have to restart the Tuya plugin before they appear in the list of scenes.

Comment

No wonder I coudn't see this new beta, I hadn't enabled "Show beta plugins" 🙃
                Downloaded and doing testing - THANKS

Comment

Spud,

Thank you! I was able to test the scene function from HS4 and seems to work great!

However, I was referring to adding scene functionality to the actual device itself where you have the mode of white, colour and scene. Was wondering if an option could be added to pick the actual light scene. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Spud,

Just checked out the new feature and KUDOS!!!

FYI I did run into one incidental issue on the way through, when I tried to select Execute Scene Action, ran into couldn't find home error.
                    Was able to workaround by creating an Automation (as opposed to Tap-to-Run) in Tuya Smart app (had none before that), after which restart of plugin and bingo, all my Tap-to-Run automations became available, tried one and worked first time.

Thanks a lot for adding this most valuable feature, much appreciated.

I have found that I have some devices which do not appear to make their full range of functionality available via the API that the plugin uses and this innovation wholly enables effective workaround.

Thanks again.

Comment

Quick note for anyone trying to control Blinds / Shutters running on 433 mhz. Been driving myself a bit crazy with this but this thread helped me with the workaround by using scenes as well successfully to control individual or even all blinds (10 of them at once).

More detail:
                      I realized the best way to control a more general blind is to use the Tuya App since so many devices use this protocol.
                      Then I started looking for a Tuya RF hub on Amazon.
                      I figured out that no matter which RF/IR device I used (bought 3 different random brands) they all allowed me to add them to the Tuya app and so I tried getting the local ip control through different threads I found but I could not get that to work right. No differences on the brand of APP. They all worked the same. Basically the $17 one worked as good as the $40 one.
                      I then also figured I'd still have a problem running individual blinds running on that app since these run on 433mhz and not as an ip address.

Finding this thread I was successfully able to add a close/open/stop scene and get them to run in HS4 (even the $17 RF/IF hub). Sure it would be nice to directly use each blind device but since they ultimately run over 433 mhz, I'm not sure what it would take to essentially run these directly as a HomeSeer device and be controlled through the RF/IR hub that does have an ip address.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverp View Post
                        Sure it would be nice to directly use each blind device but since they ultimately run over 433 mhz, I'm not sure what it would take to essentially run these directly as a HomeSeer device and be controlled through the RF/IR hub that does have an ip address.
                        Get a Broadlink RM Pro and use this plugin:
                        Broadlink IR and RF Local Control - HomeSeer Message Board

Comment

This would now allow me to open a 433 mhz blind (happens to be a zebra blind) for 5 seconds (so zebra blind slots are now open) and then stop them at a certain time or sunset/sunrise function. Seems to work perfectly even with such a short stop which I'm happy to see since it is communicating to the Tuya cloud)
                          YES I could probably create that scene sequence from tuya app but its nice to see it and control it from homeseer HS4​​
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	53
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1656450

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

Get a Broadlink RM Pro and use this plugin:
                            Broadlink IR and RF Local Control - HomeSeer Message Board
                            I was looking at this hub as well but since it didn't support Tuya I didn't try it. What plugin will bring this into HS4?

Comment

Originally posted by oliverp View Post

I was looking at this hub as well but since it didn't support Tuya I didn't try it. What plugin will bring this into HS4?
                              If you click on the link I supplied and read through...

Comment

Working...
                              X