Novostella Flood Lights non responsive with Tuya or SmartLife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Novostella Flood Lights non responsive with Tuya or SmartLife

I'm searching for some advise or assistance on Novostella Flood lights. I had installed 10 Novostella Smart units aka Wifi enabled and they worked great. They were enrolled in my Tuya account, each light responded to lighting scenes driven by Homeseer. These worked for about 3 months then we went into a construction project

Due to some construction the Flood lights were unplugged and moved until the workers left. Several weeks later when I plug in the units they are not responding to Tuya.

-Deleted all 10 Novostlla Flood lights from Tuya
    -Deleted Tuya from all iphones and ipads
    -reinstalled Tuya successfully connected the the 2G network
    -followed the instructions for "EZ" paring press the switch 3 times(on-off-on-off-on) light blinks fast.
    Tuya never finds the devices.

--followed the instructions for "AP " paring press the switch 3 times(on-off-on-off-on) light blinks fast. then to enter the AP mode press the switch 3 times(on-off-on-off-on) light blinks very slowly .
    I can see the Novostella device in the wifi list select it
    Tuya never finds the device.

I have spend hours testing several lights without any success. Can anyone share some information on this ?

Side note: I have purchased the PETEME SmartLife LED's and they are currently active in my Tuya account and we can use the Tuya APP to control them. I just can't get these Novostella units to work.

I even tried the above process with the SmartLife APP and same result.

Devoir

Well.... no luck so far in figuring out how to make these things work..... I've purchased a few more string LED's from PETME... and they seem to work. I just can't get the Novostella flood lights to join the Tuya APP family...

Buyer BE Warned not a lot of folks use this Tuya stuff... hence the Zero feedback...

Comment

Originally posted by devoir View Post
      Well.... no luck so far in figuring out how to make these things work..... I've purchased a few more string LED's from PETME... and they seem to work. I just can't get the Novostella flood lights to join the Tuya APP family...

Buyer BE Warned not a lot of folks use this Tuya stuff... hence the Zero feedback...
      I use a lot of the tuya Iview bulbs ISB1000's (adj white) and ISB800's (color) and all of them work flawlessly and they are even outside in the cold and heat. Price is exceptional. The phone app I use is the Tuya Smart, orange icon with a letter t inside the icon.

Comment

cowinger,

thanks for the feedback. I have purchased several sets of lights and the Tuya app is pretty pesky to pair the lights. I agree with you once paired they work really well with the phone app.

I'm just hoping the Novostella was just a bad batch. To me the tough part is there is little or no true looking behind the scene to the Tuaya webpage when you log in...... It doesn't show a devices deleted summary or historical bit of information to the end user. I have discovered if you delete a light from Tuya and re-add the light it remembers the serial number or MAC address and gives it back it's old name......That history or ability to reset your Tuya account online doesn't exist...

Devoir

Comment

So far the Novostell team are not hitting it outta the park with "How to Fix it" they do answer but not much detail or specific instruction for a fix....

Comment

After several weeks of testing with Novosetella team the Smart 60W flood lights would not pair with Tuya. They did provide a full refund for 6 flood lights.

I did purchase additional Smart 60W flood lights and they paired with Tuya, so I don't know what the issue was on the failed units...it did prove to the Novostella team my Unifi network was not the issue.

Comment

Working...
            X