Update 4.0.29 Local Control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update 4.0.29 Local Control?

Just noticed in the release notes for this update something about adding local control.

Product: Tuya
    Author: HomeSeer
    Version: 4.0.29
    Links: Shop | Support
    4.0.29 - 6/29/2021
    • Added support for HomeSeer SP100
    • Added Local Control for a number of devices
    • Add local control for BN-LINK Smart Plug
    • Fix System.FormatException error by ignoring integer values set to the empty string.
    • Enhance logging by adding the name of the device at the start of the log line.
    • Remove non allowed characters for ids in settings page
    • Add local discovery on port 6667
    • Add local discovery of devices
    • Add local control for smart plug and smart power strip
    • Log power to the HS4 energy database
    How is this working? How would we configure this?

Interesting.

As I understand from this page when you add/authorize (see this page) a device and it's supported it will be recognized, get a checkmark and will then be communicating with HS4 directly instead of through the cloud.

Don't have a Tuya device myself (yet), so I can't try.
    Plugins I developed for HS4: Somfy Local, MiLight (LimitlessLED), Updates, Volvo (VoC), OpenTherm Gateway (OTGW)
    Running HS4 Pro on Windows 10 Pro on a Synology VM, with Node-RED running as a container.

Comment

I have some Tuya devices but am not seeing the IP address. I have 4.0.29 plugin.

Comment

So I can see the IP addresses of the devices but there isn't a check mark beside them. How do I get them to be controlled locally?

Comment

Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
          So I can see the IP addresses of the devices but there isn't a check mark beside them. How do I get them to be controlled locally?
          +1 I have a bunch of the IView ISB1000 and ISB800 bulbs. I too see the IP addresses but no check marks.

Comment

I wonder why you see them and I don't! Did you delete and re-install devices after the plugin upgrade?

Comment

Not for all devices I see an IP address: the "North" is an airconditioning device and there is a "motion sensor". From the motion sensor I expect there is not an IP all the time, but the airco is connected to power and network all the same but is currently in standby mode. The 2 devices that have an IP address are a wall socket and a light.

Comment

I see that your IP devices don't have a check mark either. I wonder how we get these to be local?

Comment

pcgirl65 IanIreland Just curious, what model of Tuya bulbs are you all using?

Comment

I am not using "Tuya" brand bulbs. I am using bulbs that are Tuya compatible. It is these bulbs: https://www.bazzsmarthome.com/collec...e-white-4-pack

Comment

I am not using "Tuya" brand bulbs. I am using bulbs that are Tuya compatible. It is these bulbs: https://www.bazzsmarthome.com/collec...e-white-4-pack
                      There are a lot of them that are compatible. The ones I referred to are the IView brand, just Tuya compatible like yours.

Comment

Just received my HomeSeer smart plug. Downloaded the Tuya app, registered the smart plug. Plug works in the Tuya app on my phone.
                        Using the Tuya plugin after authorizing I go to the Manage Devices then to read Tuya devices but no devices show. Is this device not supported?

Comment

Is the homeseer plug wifi? Thought it was zwave?

Comment

This is the new HS-SP100 WiFi smart plug.

Comment

cowinger I am using these bulbs. https://bazzsmarthome.ca/collections...-fixture-white

Are you starting to work out how to get these local?

Comment

Working...
                              X