How to setup Tuya with HS4 - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to setup Tuya with HS4 - Solved!

The instructions seem to be very straight forward about how to setup Tuya to use with Homeseer, however I am unable to link with Homeseer in Step 3.

Step 1 - Initial setup - setup wifi devices in the Tuya app. I've completed this.
    Step 2 - Location - selected US
    Step 3 - Link with Homeseer - every time I type in my username and password it says that they are incorrect. I've logged out on my phone and back in using the same information and it works just fine. I tried the "Register" button but it says that I already have an account. I've contacted Tuya support and they say to contact Homeseer.

Has anyone run into this problem or know how to resolve? It seems from this forum that several of you have managed to get it to work so I must be doing something wrong. Thank you for any help.
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Mine connected pretty easily. Are you using myhs instead of connecting directly?
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I ran into this issue recently and had to create a new account as the Tuya app kept stating invalid login credentials. Once I created a new account it started working as expected.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I had the same issue. The way I finally fixed it was to use my phone # instead of my e-mail as user name. I think I also had to start a new account.
        All that was a waste of time as I cannot get HS to connect to my smart plug.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          I ran into this issue recently and had to create a new account as the Tuya app kept stating invalid login credentials. Once I created a new account it started working as expected.
          metoo. I think Tuya is a little flaky.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post

metoo. I think Tuya is a little falky.
            Yep but once it works it seems to work well.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
              Mine connected pretty easily. Are you using myhs instead of connecting directly?
              Hi rmasonjr,

After I installed the Tuya plugin in HS I followed the directions in the plugin:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	548
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	1483723
              I setup the device in the "Tuya Smart" app on an iPhone. The one thing that I did do that I'm wondering if it would have screwed it up was, it asked if I wanted to use "Apple" to log in and then it linked my AppleID to the account. When Homeseer asked for my login credentials, I went back into the Tuya Smart app and setup an email and reset the password for the account. When I logged out of the Tuya Smart app and then used the new credentials to sign back into the app it worked fine.
              Plugin's:

Comment

Hey Rupp,
                I will give this a try. When you created a new account, did you have to use a different email account to do that? I found in the app where I can delete my account and noticed that it takes a week to delete??? When I tried to use the same email account it says that the account already exists. dparks suggests to use a phone number but when I click on create account it asks for my email address and I don't see anywhere to use a phone number instead.
                Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Hey Rupp,
                  I will give this a try. When you created a new account, did you have to use a different email account to do that? I found in the app where I can delete my account and noticed that it takes a week to delete??? When I tried to use the same email account it says that the account already exists. dparks suggests to use a phone number but when I click on create account it asks for my email address and I don't see anywhere to use a phone number instead.
                  Yes I had to use a different email address.

Comment

Yes I had to use a different email address.
                    Thank you sir!! Worked perfect the second time around with a new email address. One thing to note, I think when I tried to use my "AppleID" to login the first time, it may have caused the issue.
                    Plugin's:

Comment

Profit,
                      Did you see any Tuya Devices after the setup. Everything worked fine for me but my new Smart plug does not show up in the Tuya plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by dparks View Post
                        Profit,
                        Did you see any Tuya Devices after the setup. Everything worked fine for me but my new Smart plug does not show up in the Tuya plugin.
                        Yes, I only have one device at the moment but it did show up and I tested that HS can control the outlet. I thought I would try out these WiFi devices to see if they are just as good as my Z-Wave devices. I like them because they are much less expensive and the one I purchased is able to control one outlet at a time.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JW66S37...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        Plugin's:

Comment

Working...
                        X