No announcement yet.

My wifi contact sensors consistently updates status hours late or not at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wifi contact sensors consistently updates status hours late or not at all

I have several wifi contact sensors, and they all update status in HS4 hours late. The Tuya app consistently registers all status changes immediately, but they don't make it to HS4.

Originally posted by stevenseh@gmail.com View Post
    I have several wifi contact sensors, and they all update status in HS4 hours late. The Tuya app consistently registers all status changes immediately, but they don't make it to HS4.
    stevenseh@gmail.com Wow, this is becoming quite popular. We have seen many people trying to get Tuya devices to work in the HS4 Tuya plugin but having issues. So all we can do until spud sees all these posts is the following:

spud will need a file from you. In the Tuya plugin settings you will need to turn on Trace. Create an event with those sensors and run it. Look in the Logs sub-dir for Tuya.txt and create a zip file out of it if you can. Otherwise post the zip or txt file here and put it to spuds attention. He needs that file to add those sensors to the plugin.

Comment

Anyone having same issue please see the Thread about Tuya.txt files. Thanks

Comment

What kind of event do I need to run? I suppose one that has Tuya actions - events with only Tuya device triggers do not generate a Tuya log.
        Note that these are contact sensors, so they only receive info from Tuya, I cannot control them from HS4.
        Note also that after a few hours I do get an update into HS4, although some of the changes that occurred during that hours long delay are lost.

Comment

To get status updates from devices, the plugin polls the Tuya servers every X minutes, by default X is set to 5 minutes. For devices like motion sensors or contact sensors the delay between poll requests is usually too long for the status update to be useful.
          We need to implement a push mechanism, which is possible but a bit tricky because we will need an intermediary cloud server that receives the updates from Tuya and push them to your system through myhs. This enhancement is on the TODO list but not sure when this will be implemented.

Are your contact sensors line powered or battery powered? If they are line powered we could try to add local support for them, and this way we may be able to get instatn status updates for them.

Comment

I have the plug-in poll every minute, but nevertheless, it usually takes hours to update the status. I think there is an issue with the logic selecting updates to send to HS4.
            The contact sensors I have are battery powered, so no local support I guess. I haven't found any wifi contact sensors that are line powered.

Comment

Working...
            X