Velux KLF200 plugin information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Velux KLF200 plugin information

This plugin allows you to use a VELUX KLF200 gateway to discover and control your VELUX INTEGRA / io-homecontrol (Somfy) devices like window openers, shutters, blinds, and more in your HomeSeer system.

Main Features
    • Control Velux, Somfy, and other io-homecontrol-compatible products
    • e.g. VELUX INTEGRA window blinds, awnings, openers
    Requirements
    • HomeSeer HS4-Powered System
    • Compatible with Windows and Linux
    • VELUX KLF200 controller (with LAN connection)
    ​Usage is hopefully self-explanatory - the plugin detects the devices set up in the KLF200 gateway and creates corresponding HomeSeer devices to control them and to report their status.

The user manual is attached: VeluxKLF200 plugin.pdf

This is great! Now the only thing for me is to be able to get a hold of a KFL200 for less than $500 Cnd.
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
      This is great! Now the only thing for me is to be able to get a hold of a KFL200 for less than $500 Cnd.
      Yes, it's shame they aren't going to publish the API for the new Active gateway, which is much cheaper and only seems to lack the physical input options. I asked Velux directly and the answer was basically no, the Active is a consumer product which they won't open up officially.

I'm also not completely convinced the Active is free of needing web connectivity, which is a security blocker for me.

Comment

Nice, I'll give this a try next week when I'm able.

Question - how do you handle the disconnects with the KLF that seem to happen every couple days?

At the moment I use python scripts to execute programs on the device, and every few days it fails to respond, so I have a plug I cycle to restart it.

Am I the only one this happens to, or are you able to periodically soft-boot it from the plugin?

Comment

I had the same problem when using scripts, I think because the gateway isn’t good at releasing badly closed connections.

the plug-in is very stable, I haven’t had any connection issues in months.

I included a plug-in function to run the reboot command if you need it. I don’t find it necessary though.

Comment

Originally posted by pseudocode View Post
            I had the same problem when using scripts, I think because the gateway isn’t good at releasing badly closed connections.

the plug-in is very stable, I haven’t had any connection issues in months.

I included a plug-in function to run the reboot command if you need it. I don’t find it necessary though.
            Awesome. I figured that the python library wasn't properly closing connections/relinquishing resources.

Will definitely give it a try.

Side-note - this is my second KLF - first one I had for two years and was connected via a fleet of relays to the wires - that one also required constant power cycles, and I believe that constant cycling is what killed it. Fortunately it was still under warranty.

Comment

Working...
            X