• Show
Clear All

• wim2008
    replied
    Thanks. I gone look for the controller.

Leave a comment:

• pseudocode
    replied
    The plugin works with a Velux KLF200 interface, which provides the radio connectivity to the io-homecontrol protocol which in turn should be compatible with a Somfy RS100 motor.

So the part you need is a KLF200.

Leave a comment:

• wim2008
    replied
    I have placed some Somfy shutters for outside. The shutters have a Somfy RS100 io motor and a wall transmitter Somfy Smoove Origin io which works a 868mHz.
    Will the plugin works with my shutters? Do I need something more to get the connection between transmitters and the plugin?
    Wim

Leave a comment:

• pseudocode
    replied
    I have now confirmed the plugin works with exterior venetian blinds controlled by a Somfy io-control motor.

At present only up/down is supported properly. I am looking to add tilt control, but from feedback on other forums it looks like the current tilt value will not be reported back, so I need to work out how to handle that.

Without explicit tilt control it works as follows:
    • If the blind is fully opened, tilt resets to "open" (horizontal)
    • If the blind is fully closed, tilt resets to "closed" (vertical)
    • Any other movement doesn't change the tilt
      • moving from open to half-closed will move the blind down to position and then slightly back up to put the slats horizontal
      • moving from closed to half-open will move the blind up to position then slightly back down to put the slats vertical

Leave a comment:

• HSAccord
    replied
    Originally posted by pseudocode View Post
    I had the same problem when using scripts, I think because the gateway isn’t good at releasing badly closed connections.

the plug-in is very stable, I haven’t had any connection issues in months.

I included a plug-in function to run the reboot command if you need it. I don’t find it necessary though.
    Awesome. I figured that the python library wasn't properly closing connections/relinquishing resources.

Will definitely give it a try.

Side-note - this is my second KLF - first one I had for two years and was connected via a fleet of relays to the wires - that one also required constant power cycles, and I believe that constant cycling is what killed it. Fortunately it was still under warranty.

Leave a comment:

• pseudocode
    replied
    I had the same problem when using scripts, I think because the gateway isn’t good at releasing badly closed connections.

the plug-in is very stable, I haven’t had any connection issues in months.

I included a plug-in function to run the reboot command if you need it. I don’t find it necessary though.

Leave a comment:

• HSAccord
    replied
    Nice, I'll give this a try next week when I'm able.

Question - how do you handle the disconnects with the KLF that seem to happen every couple days?

At the moment I use python scripts to execute programs on the device, and every few days it fails to respond, so I have a plug I cycle to restart it.

Am I the only one this happens to, or are you able to periodically soft-boot it from the plugin?

Leave a comment:

• pseudocode
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    This is great! Now the only thing for me is to be able to get a hold of a KFL200 for less than $500 Cnd.
    Yes, it's shame they aren't going to publish the API for the new Active gateway, which is much cheaper and only seems to lack the physical input options. I asked Velux directly and the answer was basically no, the Active is a consumer product which they won't open up officially.

I'm also not completely convinced the Active is free of needing web connectivity, which is a security blocker for me.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    This is great! Now the only thing for me is to be able to get a hold of a KFL200 for less than $500 Cnd.

Leave a comment:

• pseudocode
    started a topic Velux KLF200 plugin information

Velux KLF200 plugin information

This plugin allows you to use a VELUX KLF200 gateway to discover and control your VELUX INTEGRA / io-homecontrol (Somfy) devices like window openers, shutters, blinds, and more in your HomeSeer system.

Main Features
    • Control Velux, Somfy, and other io-homecontrol-compatible products
    • e.g. VELUX INTEGRA window blinds, awnings, openers
    Requirements
    • HomeSeer HS4-Powered System
    • Compatible with Windows and Linux
    • VELUX KLF200 controller (with LAN connection)
    ​Usage is hopefully self-explanatory - the plugin detects the devices set up in the KLF200 gateway and creates corresponding HomeSeer devices to control them and to report their status.

The user manual is attached: VeluxKLF200.pdf

Version History

Version Notes
    1.0.0.0 Initial version
    1.1.0.0 Added support for slat control on Exterior Venetian Blinds, hide automation features by default, minor fixes
    Last edited by pseudocode; December 31, 2022, 10:11 AM. Reason: V1.1.0.0
Working...
X