Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wemo Plugin doesn't track status if Switch controlled manually or via Wemo iOS app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wemo Plugin doesn't track status if Switch controlled manually or via Wemo iOS app

I thought I would start my exploration of HS4 with something simple. I did not buy the third-party Wemo plugin for my HS3 system (I was too cheap!), so I don't know how that plugin behaved. I am using version 4.0.2.0 of the HS4 plugin with two Wemo switches. I can control both switches with the HS4 plugin, and I see the status of those switches change in the iOS Wemo app once I do a refresh on the app's Device page. However, if I change the status of the switches by pushing the physical push button on a switch OR by using the iOS app, the status of the switches does not update in the HS4 plugin - is that the intended operation of the plugin?

Regards,
    BBB

Yes this is the expected behavior, if you control the switch manually or from the wemo app, the status in Homeseer will only be updated on the next polling cycle. The default polling interval is 120 seconds, but you can change that by clicking on the device and going to the Wemo tab.
    There may be a way to add instant notifications (rather than relying on polling) to the plugin but it's not implemented yet.

Comment

Thanks, spud.

Comment

spud:

Yes, I confirmed that had I been a bit more patient in waiting for the status of the devices to update after an "outside of HS" change, they do indeed update.

Regards,
        BBB

Comment

Working...
        X