Never finds my device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never finds my device?

I don't see any install instructions for this, but figured first i had to install the wemo app and configure it to my network. I did this and it's all fine.

Installed the PI and did discovery multiple times... never finds the device. Verified it's connected on my router as well (set with static IP).

Here's the log file. HSWemo.txt

what kind of Wemo device is it?
    there is not much in the logs, do you have the log level set to Trace?
    I don't know why bu I have found that sometimes closing and reopening the wemo app on your phone, before starting the discovery can help.

Comment

spud the Wemo Mini smart plug. (I'd post link, but something is broken in the forum right now and it won't let me).

When in installed app and then device, it worked perfectly... even updated firmware.

No instructions... so is there anything specific to do? I assumed once it was on my network and i can see it in my router , and it works with the Wemo app... all i had to do is run discovery?

Comment

this one:

Comment

FYI... if it helps. Running Ubiquiti network. Tried stopping/starting the PI as well... not sure if this helps, but said connected to IP 127.0.0.1 (not my IP range)

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
            No instructions... so is there anything specific to do? I assumed once it was on my network and i can see it in my router , and it works with the Wemo app... all i had to do is run discovery?
            Yes this all you are supposed to do. But as I said I have found the discovery process to be a bit erratic sometimes, so try several times, try after you closed the Wemo app on your phone, try just after you open it, etc...

also, try to disable any firewall on your HS4 machine
            the discovery process uses SSDP: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple...overy_Protocol, so multicast UDP traffic needs to be able to reach the device

I'm not familiar with Ubiquiti, but does your device is on the same subnetwork as your HS4 machine

not sure if this helps, but said connected to IP 127.0.0.1 (not my IP range)
            this is fine, it just means the plugin connected to HS4 on localhost

Comment

I had tried a million times :-).

turned off firewall and tried... no dice. Turned back on and it worked finally. GO figure.

Comment

Did you ever figure this out? I’m running on Uniquiti as well with my Wemo plugs on a separate VLAN from HomeSeer machine and can’t add any of my Wemo plugs.

Comment

Working...
                X