Color Bulb Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color Bulb Control

A long-standing problem exist for controlling color lighting - simply put, color control is, at best, confusing.

When I add a color (RGBW) bulb, I get 8 separate devices, 7 of which are controllers. (3 RGB controllers, 1 Custom RGB control, a Warm White control, a Cool White Control, and a "Light" control). Here are the points of confusion

1. Though each of the R, G, B, Warm White, and Cold White channels have an "On" button, the "On" Button doesn't actually turn on the light. It merely sets the light to the highest value (255). To have any effect, you have to turn the "Light" device "On." It would make more sense to eliminate the "On" and "Off" on the R, G, B controls and just have the slider set all the values, 0 to 255.

2. When the device is turned "On" by the "Light" control, all of R, G, B, Custom RGB, Warm White, and "Cold White" appear to be "Off." Obviously, this isn't the case. They should slide to their actual values. So if I have the light "On", I should see the R, G, B and Custom reflect what was set. For compatibility, maybe this is fixed by having a "Keep Color Controls In Sync" check box.

3. When adjusting the color using "Custom RGB", after a color is chosen, the RGB sliders should move to corresponding positions. Similarly, when adjusting the RGB, the Custom Color should move to match the RGB. Similarly, somehow, Warm White, and Cool White should reflect their settings.

4. There should be a "Show HSV controls" option so one can use Hue / Saturation / Brightness based control.

Working...
X