Virtual Z-wave Device ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Z-wave Device ??

Here's the idea,, there a group of presently low cost z-wave controllers out there the Intermatic Home Settings for one, I beleave those were also marketed by GE, maybe others and there's most likely other brands of controllers that need to see a piece of hardware (Like a z-wave plug or switch to work for the most part.. {If there's a way to use them without 1st, connecting the controller to a module.. it also appears you need a device for each set of buttons on the controller.}), I'm thinking somebody most have the smarts to write a piece of software that can make simple (ON/DIM/OFF) Virtual Device.. If I was much better at software I'd give it a go.. Can one wireshark or something similar Z-wave packets ?? With time I'll look into it a little more, yet it appears that HS Z-wave starts to interpret the controller yet it appears the controller doesn't understand what ever HS is asking..
    Next question, Can the HS Z-wave plugin be accessed like Insteon comes to mind yet there several fine plugins that have some way of being externally accessed by another program ??
    Ideas ???
Working...
X