HS4 Z-Wave Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Z-Wave Scenes

I must be dumb as a brick because I cannot figure out how to assign the z-wave scenes I have created to each button on a 5 button controller. Is there a operations manual that shows how to do this in HS4? I can't seem to find it on the Homeseer website. I found Youtube videos on HS3 scenes but that is nothing like HS4.

From the HS Device page click the feature/button you want to deploy the scene to
    Click image for larger version

Name:	5 button controller.png
Views:	1101
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	1449463

Chose the Zwave tab

Name:	zwave tab.png
Views:	1018
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	1449464

Click the Manage button

Name:	manage.png
Views:	1022
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	1449465

Open the Settings section

Name:	settings.png
Views:	1023
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1449466
    Now you have two options
    1) You can create a scene and deploy from this page using the add/remove device buttons. If you've previously done this, you'll want to click the "Load Scene from the Devices" first then modify the scene. After you're done you'll click "Save Scene Changes" or "Save and Test Scene"

2) What I think you were asking about is the 2nd option. Note the "Manage Zwave Scenes" button. This will take you to the HS scene creation page and you can create or choose a premade scene.

regardless of which method you choose, make sure you always have Homeseer as a device to control and you send it an 'on' command. This way the controller updates HS when you manually control it.

Name:	scene creation.png
Views:	1054
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1449467
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

One more question. None of my light dimmer switches show up on the list of devices to control in a scene.
        The only items are relays, outlets and locks.
        Is there some setting I need to do for them to show up?

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1024
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	1449513

Comment

Originally posted by rreisbick View Post
          One more question. None of my light dimmer switches show up on the list of devices to control in a scene.
          The only items are relays, outlets and locks.
          Is there some setting I need to do for them to show up?

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1024
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	1449513
          I may not be able to help with this issue as I don't have that problem when I check the HS scene management page. For the most part scenes are depreciated as you can do everything and more with events as you can with a scene so it's possible there is a bug. The one thing a scene controller has going for it is that it's decoupled from HS and will function even if HS is down.

Make sure you have your devices location 1 and 2 set just in case that makes a difference, restart HS after you update them since I've seen it's dropdown lists not populate until a restart.

Lastly Have you tried adding devices from the button's zwave tab directly instead of using the scene management page? The only reason to use the management page is to give you a single point to update/manage your scenes. I guess it would also be useful if you deploy the same scene to more than one controller.

BTW you can get to the scene management page from the Plugins menu -> Zwave legacy plugin -> Scene Management button
          HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
          Number of Devices: 1005
          Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Hey thanks.
            Your post was very helpful.

I ended up using events triggered by the controller buttons
            It would have been easier if they had "if ZWave Scene Deactivated" to make the button turn off the scene as well.
            I'm sure I just don't know enough about this system to make the logic easier.

I used events because I have individual events run by multiple controllers and the events get combined differently depending on the controllers location.

Comment

Obviously the advice on this post is now obsolete as the HS4 Device/Z-Wave menu no longer supports anything but manually assigning parameters to the device -- no "Manage" option in sight. And I don't have the Z-Wave Legacy plugin installed. Which means no way to manage scenes???

I don't understand the logic behind deprecating Z-Wave scenes. For all those who say that events give you just as much capability (and more), I say that if HS is down, events are down. But scenes will continue to work even if HS is down. And in my experience Insteon scenes (which I'm assuming are similar to Z-Wave scenes) executed across multiple devices simultaneously (i.e., like a single scene) as opposed to the stuttering effect of an HS4 event approach (one light at a time/not simultaneous). Of course, I can't tell if Z-Wave scenes work this way as I can't create one to test it.

This seems like an obvious capability (managing scenes) -- can someone please explain the reasoning behind deprecation?

Comment

Working...
              X