Missing Z-Wave actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Z-Wave actions

I'm running HS4 with the Z-Wave 3.0.2.0 plugin installed.
    However, I noticed that I am missing some options in my Z-Wave Actions compared to other posts I have read on this forum.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 10.44.51 PM.png
Views:	392
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	1478160

I see other people having options such as "Send All Lights On", "Send All Lights Off", etc.

Is something wrong with my configuration, or my ZWave controller? My Contoller is a HomeSeer USB stick, communicated with via Ethernet:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 10.47.01 PM.png
Views:	363
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	1478161

How do I get the missing options to appear? Can it be related to a Firmware version on the controller that provides additional functionalities that I don't have?

Thanks,

Eric

What exactly are you missing?
    πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      What exactly are you missing?
      In this post, I see the following actions available (which are not in my options):
      • Send All Lights On/Off
      • Activate/Deactivate a Scene
      • Turn On/Off an Indicator

Are those from different/additional plugins that I don't have enabled/installed? I'm new to HS4, so still trying to figure out how to make all the pieces work together.

Thansk,

Eric

Comment

I've never looked into Z-Wave actions; however comparing available Z-Wave actions on my "production" system with those on an HS4 "test" system with an empty Z-Wave network ... it appears that this menu is dynamically built based on devices in the system. On the empty network, only three actions are available while on the real one there are several more.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
          I've never looked into Z-Wave actions; however comparing available Z-Wave actions on my "production" system with those on an HS4 "test" system with an empty Z-Wave network ... it appears that this menu is dynamically built based on devices in the system. On the empty network, only three actions are available while on the real one there are several more.
          Hmmm... interesting. Do you think that would imply that it is device dependent then? That a given ZWave device needs to publish that it supports a "All Lights On/Off" option?

Comment

It would seem so.

Majority of my switches are Cooper-Aspire, hence the "Cooper-Wiring's Panic Mode" entries.
            One HS-WS200 switch which explains "HS-WX200 ... LED Actions".
            Yale locks are the likely source of the "Security User Code" entries.

Comment

What is change a devices protection mode?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
                What is change a devices protection mode?
                No clue. But found this: https://help.homeseer.com/help/Z-Wav...ice_protection

At bottom,
                Note: This feature is only available if the device supports the Z-Wave Protection Command Class.

Searching the Z-Wave node information page, Cooper switches support the protection command class.

Not user friendly; can't select a particular device, can only filter by "floor" and "room". And those pulldown menus list all values, not just the ones pertaining to the Cooper switch devices.
                Attached Files

Comment

I need to set the protection mode on a Fibaro 222 smart implant. I discovered the Z-Wave action above but after updating the Z-wave plugin to the latest 4.0.3.0 it no longer shows up in the actions drop-down list. Can anybody tell me where to find it now?

Comment

I just spoke with Tyler in Support at HomeSeer about this Smart Implant device. He looked in the call log and said they had only a few requests for help on it. I mentioned that there a many comments and requests for help on this forum and he said if they don’t get Support calls for an item they don’t log the requests and don’t add the feature to the Z-Wave driver.

May I suggest that all of you call HS Support at 603-471-2816 and ask for this device to be supported in the code base. Only then will it ever work right.​

Comment

Working...
                    X