Empty Root

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Empty Root

I started redoing my entire z-wave system with the gen3 stick. I just wanted to control a light but it didn't work. So I went to the z-wave device and it said "Error: Z-Wave device has empty ROOT object, it may have lost its reference to the actual Z-Wave device, try resetting the Z-Wave database from Z-Wave Config"

Why did this happen? And what happens if I reset the z-wave database?

I am really getting ticked off. Every tenth device of so didn't include properly (the one above is not one of them). The z-tool+ app doesn't always show the page to add the floor and room name. And all of this after HS decided to delete my entire system (which is why I am redoing everything). Very, very annoying.
    Attached Files

You can safely go to Plugins > Z-Wave > config and select the reset Z-Wave data to hopefully correct this.

-Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply. Much appreciated. I did it (after making a backup) and it didn't seem to affect anything. It did take about a minute or so until I was able to control the device. I actually had similar issues with other devices, i.e. initially they would not respond but once they started responding it worked pretty quickly. Strange but as long as it's just an initial problem (after adding a device) then that's fine.

Comment

Working...
      X