UK Backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Backup

I am using Plugin 3.0.7.0 with a UK Z-Net.
    Does the backup and restore function using this plugin and HS4 work?

3.0.7.0 has an issue restoring any of the older controllers. That issue is fixed in 3.0.7.3: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/li...60#post1496360

I've tested restoring to both a HUSBZB-1 controller and a Razberry controller. It worked as expected on the former but on the latter it only restored the HomeID. As the Razberry is the same manufacturer as the UZB used in the UK Z-Net, I'd wager that it won't work for you either.

Comment

I have now had confirmation from HomeSeer support that z-wave backup/restore does not work for a UK Z-net. I am disappointed.

Comment

Even worse;

HS support suggested I contact UZB, this is their response;

Hello!

For some unknown reasons HS does not support backup/restore on our UZB1 dongle. This is their limitation.

You can use Z-Way (you will need to buy a license) to make the backup and be able to restore it. This is the only solution we can provide for now.

​​​​​​​So rjh are you going to resolve this for us UK users?

Comment

Is there update on this issue?

I'm in the UK and have a ZMEEUZBB usb stick and I'm becoming slightly nervous that it might fail, leaving my Z-wave system in an unrecoverable mess.

I'd like to have a second usb stick that I can restore the database to just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Jez View Post
            Is there update on this issue?

I'm in the UK and have a ZMEEUZBB usb stick and I'm becoming slightly nervous that it might fail, leaving my Z-wave system in an unrecoverable mess.

I'd like to have a second usb stick that I can restore the database to just in case.
            MeToo

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post

MeToo
              rjh, could you please give us an update? Thanks very much.

Comment

Hi.

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I can't find anything more recent that discusses zWave backup/restore for the UK Z-NET controllers. Having spent a lot of time/effort overhauling my HS configuration during recent weeks, I'm trying to put in place a robust backup process and right now my 5-year old UK Z-NET controller looks to be the weakest link.

Can anyone share any updates on whether the HS4 backup/restore interrface function now works with UK Z-NET controllers?

Failing that, I'm thinking about investing in a new ZWave controller, any advice on what works well with HS4 (including backup/restore!) and the best way to migrate my Zwave controller config to it, given the lack of the aforementioned backup/restore functionality?

Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Sadly the HS backup and restore does not work for us with older Z-nets. I believe that backup works but you can only restore to a newer Z-Net. There may be third party solutions but I've not tried one.

Comment

Isn't there a way to 'migrate' devices off one z-net to another?

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                      Sadly the HS backup and restore does not work for us with older Z-nets. I believe that backup works but you can only restore to a newer Z-Net. There may be third party solutions but I've not tried one.
                      Thanks for the confirmation IanIreland. So, looks like the safe/easy option is to buy a new Z-net, then use the HS4 facility to backup the zwave network from the old Z-NET and restore it to the new one. Might be safe/easy but definitely won't be cheap - a quick look at the HS website suggests it will be close to £200 to get a new Z-net once shipping to the UK is factored in.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
                        Isn't there a way to 'migrate' devices off one z-net to another?
                        My understanding, based on the above discussion and other posts, is that the HS4 backup/restore only works to another z-net device.I'm going to investigate some other 3rd party solutions before splashing out on a (relatively expensive) new z-net box though.

Comment

Quick update to my statement above - according to this thread (which I just found), backup from an old z-net can also be restored to a SmartStick+. I'm going to post a question there to get confirmation, but if that's correct it's going to be a significantly cheaper option than a new z-net box.

Comment

Good find!!

Comment

Working...
                            X