Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding New Z-wave devices in HS4

Hi Everybody,
    I sold my old house, Before I left I deleted everything from my HS3. This was back in January, Since then we have finished building our new house and recently moved into it. We had our Z-wave switches from the old house installed in the new one. We also had new switches installed. I just purchased and installed the Norteck HUSBZB and I have downloaded both drivers. I have installed and enabled both Z-wave plug ins and I am running windows 10 on my computer.

Every time I try to add a switch it errors out, I have used the Z-tool app and the computer to try and add switches. I have tried to remove and add and get the same error. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have included a screen shot of the error from my computer.

Thank You

Have you factory reset and excluded all your z-wave switches? Since you are doing a new install this considered a new Z-wave network, the Z-wave nodes might still think they are trying to connect to the old network.

Pick a Z-wave switch, do a factory reset on it, then try to add/include it.

If you are unsure how to do a factory reset on the device then list the device model/brand here.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
      Have you factory reset and excluded all your z-wave switches? Since you are doing a new install this considered a new Z-wave network, the Z-wave nodes might still think they are trying to connect to the old network.

Pick a Z-wave switch, do a factory reset on it, then try to add/include it.

If you are unsure how to do a factory reset on the device then list the device model/brand here.
      Yes I have tried to exclude them and get the same error, I get the same error with the brand new switches also. I have not done a factory reset, I have tried to find out how but have not found anything that works. I have GE 12727 (Model ZW4003) Smart Switches and GE 12729 Dimmer Switches (Model ZW3004) I also have the GE 12728 Add on switches (Model ZW 2003)

Comment

One other thing, please be sure the first devices you are adding are closest to the Z-wave controller. You need to build your z-wave mesh outward as you add devices.
        Does the HUSBZB show properly installed with a network ID? Plugins --> Controller Management --> Z-Wave Interfaces (there should be and identification for both the COM port interface and the Z-wave network identifier)
        1. On the GE 12727, try the following sequence:
        2. Press ON (up) four times (ON-ON-ON-ON), then Press OFF (down) four times (OFF-OFF-OFF-OFF). This resets the switch.
        3. Start an Inclusion process on HS4, then Press the up paddle/toggle once on the GE 12727.
        If the GE 12727 is not the closest switch to you controller, which one is and how far away approximately?

Comment

One other thing, please be sure the first devices you are adding are closest to the Z-wave controller. You need to build your z-wave mesh outward as you add devices.
          Does the HUSBZB show properly installed with a network ID? Plugins --> Controller Management --> Z-Wave Interfaces (there should be and identification for both the COM port interface and the Z-wave network identifier)
          1. On the GE 12727, try the following sequence:
          2. Press ON (up) four times (ON-ON-ON-ON), then Press OFF (down) four times (OFF-OFF-OFF-OFF). This resets the switch.
          3. Start an Inclusion process on HS4, then Press the up paddle/toggle once on the GE 12727.
          If the GE 12727 is not the closest switch to you controller, which one is and how far away approximately?
          Ok I went into the Controller Management and this is the information and error it said in there.

Comment

That's not good/right and hence why you can't get anything done.

Since you are starting new and have nothing to lose, on the drop down for the Actions select the last entry "Erase this interface and start a new network".

Then check the status again of the controller.

Comment

That's not good/right and hence why you can't get anything done.

Since you are starting new and have nothing to lose, on the drop down for the Actions select the last entry "Erase this interface and start a new network".

Then check the status again of the controller.
              I got this!!!

Comment

I can't tell what you are doing, need to see what the Interfaces section is also showing.

Comment

I can't tell what you are doing, need to see what the Interfaces section is also showing.
                  I did the "Erase this interface and start a new network" and checked the status of the controller and this is what i have.

Comment

Restart the Z-wave plugin. Plugins --> Installed --> Click off the blue slider and then click it back on. It will be slow today because the Homeseer website has issues. Be patient.
                    Go back to the Z-wave Controller Management page and click Remove for the CE654A15 network.
                    Restart the Z-wave plugin.

Post what you have then.

Comment

Thank You for your help. I had to restart the Plug-in after i did the "Erase this interface and start a new network" I can now add my Switches.

Comment

Cool! Glad to help, have fun tinkering and setting up

Comment

Working...
                        X