No announcement yet.

Z-wave Database is scrambled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm electing not to restore from a backup because a few devices are now at different node numbers than previously. This is due to my trying to get some devices showing and working again as they should.

I'm going to take one device that is missing its node and put that one node line in from an old backup. This device is simply some XMAS lights that won't affect anything important. Obviously, I'll back up immediately before and after.

I'll report back.

Comment

Did you try 'Reset Z-Wave Database' ?

If running the HS4 Z-Wave "User Irritator" plugin, this is available under Plugins->Z-Wave->Advanced Functions.

If running just the Z-Wave core, go to Plugins->Z-Wave->Config

I believe the Z-Wave database serves as a local copy of information stored in the Z-Wave controllers. Resetting it causes the controllers to be queried for the current data and the database is rebuilt.

Comment

zwolfpack Yes, I've tried Reset Z-wave database a number of times to no avail.

Comment

I'm watching this thread - please report if/how you fixed it, racefern.

Yesterday I found three nodes missing from my z-wave plugin pages. Interestingly, they are my 3 highest consecutive node numbers - like they were dropped off the end of the list. Their HS devices still exist and 2 of them still work, despite their nodes not existing. I've tried re-scan, test connectivity, restart and tried restoring from a backup - none of them did anything. I am tempted to re-Add/Include as SteveN1 suggests. I'm just skittish about losing my existing HS devices and having to re-do my events.

HS Z-Wave has been so flakey over the years - devices have stopped working for a variety of reasons, and the solution always seems to be something different every time. I'm actively looking at alternatives - UPB and wifi - but in the meantime, troubleshooting every few months has really gotten old.
          Mark

Comment

I tried inserting node 41 between 40 and 42 in the .zwave backup file. No joy. I tried including devices that showed no node id. 1 of them included but I had to exclude it first.

The second one got included but with the node ID of one of my z-wave smoke detectors. Even then it still didn't show up properly.

Last try, is to restore from a backup prior to this mess happening. However, the full directory backups I have only go back a week or two so those are also exhibiting the problems.
            Thoughts on just restoring the z-wave database via the restore function in the legacy z-wave menu?

Barring that, I'm going to have to bite the bullet, exclude every device on this z-net and do a factory reset. I just don't see another way.

Thoughts? Comments?

Oh yeah, without me starting a poll, what's the preferred UPS? I've tried two, both an APC and a Tripplite. They both had mediocre software and the batteries didn't last as advertised.

Comment

I had both. Preferred APC as it just worked out of the box without extra drivers or software. I use BLUPS with my APC.
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                I tried inserting node 41 between 40 and 42 in the .zwave backup file. No joy. I tried including devices that showed no node id. 1 of them included but I had to exclude it first.

The second one got included but with the node ID of one of my z-wave smoke detectors. Even then it still didn't show up properly.
                Try this,
                1. Take HS down
                2. Do your edit but save it to a file name you can remember that follows the HST convention.
                3. Now start HS up. It will still be the the same but at least if it rewrote something it didn't rewrite your brand new edited file.
                4. Now go to ZWave->Controller Management>Actions>Restore a Network to this Device.
                5. Should pop up a prompt for you to select a saved network file.
                6. Pick the one you freshly edited and restore that back to the controller.
                7. Shut HS down
                8. Start it back up again.
                9. Report back!

Comment

I just tried George's procedure above for restoring an edited .zwave file. It worked for me - my 3 missing nodes are back. Thank you, George. However, one of the nodes still doesn't work - the devices don't respond to anything.
                  Mark

Comment

Working...
                  X