Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On HS4 / Z-Wave 3.0.2.0. How to correctly upgrade Z-Wave Plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On HS4 / Z-Wave 3.0.2.0. How to correctly upgrade Z-Wave Plugin?

Awhile ago I finally took the plunge and upgraded to HS4. Other than some UI quirks things have gone quite smoothly, especially considering how many wierd/unsupported/customized things I have going on. Since then I haven't done any upgrading, and was thinking it may be about time to update my z-wave plugin.

I'm trying to understand the z-wave plugin upgrade path. I'm currently running the HS3 legacy z-wave 3.0.2.0 plugin. When I look at the plugins pages, I see the following:

Under Legacy Plugins:
    Z-Wave Core, 3.0.9.0. And it has a blue check mark beside it.

Under HS4 Plugins:
    Z-Wave UI, 1.0.0.0.

It LOOKS like what I want to do us install the Z-Wave Core, which may or may not be simply a re-named upgrade to the "Z-Wave" 3.0.2.0 plugin I'm currently running. Then, after doing that, I suspect I want to install Z-Wave UI.

So my questions are:

1. Are my assumptions above correct? If not, then what do i want to install/uninstall to get current?

2. Are there any potential implications I should be aware of in doing the above upgrade? ie. anything I may potentially/likely break, or functionality that will change?

Many thanks in advance,

Paul

You will want to first do a backup:
    https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...up+HS4+Locally

Then disable and uninstall your current version of the Z-Wave plugin,
    Next install the Legacy Core Z-Wave plugin
    Next install the Z-Wave UI.

If you do not like the new UI and prefer a bit more control you can disable the Z-Wave UI.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

If you do not like the new UI and prefer a bit more control you can disable the Z-Wave UI.
      Many thanks. One question - the fact that the Z-Wave Core plugin has a blue checkbox beside it suggests to me that it's already installed, yet on the Installed page i only see the Z-Wave 3.0.2.0 plugin. This suggests to me that the Z-Wave Core plugin is the same as the Z-Wave plugin, but just an update. If so, would I need to actually go ahead and uninstall the 3.0.2.0 one first? Or is this one of those fun grey area situations and I should just do as you're suggesting above? .

Actually, a second question, too. I recall some time ago reading that there were problems with HS4 backups for awhile. Any possibility of shedding some light on that and if it's been resolved?

Actually, a third question. . Looking at the link above, it says "The below instructions require Z-Wave Core 3.0.7.0 and Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0". Given that statement, it appears I may not be able to do a backup prior to this particular upgrade I want to do, regardless. In my HS3 world I used to simply shut things down, backup the entire HS3 directory, and go from there. Drop it all back in if problems occur. Can I do the same here?

Many thanks!

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post

Many thanks. One question - the fact that the Z-Wave Core plugin has a blue checkbox beside it suggests to me that it's already installed, yet on the Installed page i only see the Z-Wave 3.0.2.0 plugin. This suggests to me that the Z-Wave Core plugin is the same as the Z-Wave plugin, but just an update. If so, would I need to actually go ahead and uninstall the 3.0.2.0 one first? Or is this one of those fun grey area situations and I should just do as you're suggesting above? .

Actually, a second question, too. I recall some time ago reading that there were problems with HS4 backups for awhile. Any possibility of shedding some light on that and if it's been resolved?

Actually, a third question. . Looking at the link above, it says "The below instructions require Z-Wave Core 3.0.7.0 and Z-Wave UI 1.0.0.0". Given that statement, it appears I may not be able to do a backup prior to this particular upgrade I want to do, regardless. In my HS3 world I used to simply shut things down, backup the entire HS3 directory, and go from there. Drop it all back in if problems occur. Can I do the same here?

Many thanks!

Paul
        Rupp Friendly Bump on above questions...

Comment

Sorry just saw this. Yes you will want to uninstall the older 3.0.2.0 as it was renamed. Then install the newer Z-Wave core version.

Comment

Just did the upgrades and worked fine. However when I try to disable the Z-Wave UI plugin after having seen what it does, the menu options for it do not go away - they simply fail with errors now. Not a big deal because the plugin allows you to make the legacy menus visible and I can ignore the UI ones, but would be nice to be able to have those menu options go away if I don't want to see them.....

Comment

Try restarting HS4 or disable then enable the core plugin and the menu items should reset.

Comment

I am in the process of trying to do the update as described. It all appears to go fine and the interface can see the nodes etc, but the nodes do not operate from the HS4 commands!! I must be very close to having this working but if anyone can give me some suggestions, that would be great. Cheers

Comment

I'm on the latest HS4 4.2.8.0 and an old Z Wave plugin of 3.0.2.261. Cannot get the new 3.0.9.0 to work.

Comment

I am using the Aeotec Z Stick Gen 5 on a Windows 10 PC with aforementioned software

Comment

Rupp, These were not the instructions I received, so although everything seems to be working fine, I'm not sure I have everything configured properly.

1) I have Z-Wave Legacy installed and it is set to poll every 8 seconds (I didn't do that). Is that correct?

2) I have Z-Wave installed and I assume from "Help" I have version 3.0.9.0 installed (upgraded from 3.0.2.0, I think). I think from your post, this is correct. Is it?

3) I have not installed the Z-Wave UI, based on recommendations from the forum.
                      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                      Home Assistant 2024.3
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Maybe my Aeotec Z Stick Gen 5 is not supported in the 3.0.9.0 plugin??

Comment

I have now updated the USB drivers, updated the Aeotec Z Stick Firmware and stoppped and restarted everything in different orders still to no avail. The Z stick & nodes can be seen, optimised and everything appears normal, it just doesnt send on/off commands!!!. I have had to restore to the backup using plugin 3.0.2.261. Help.................

Comment

Working...
                          X