adding a Heatit z-push wall controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adding a Heatit z-push wall controller

Something went wrong (twice) during adding (non-secure).
    Unfortunaly unable to copy the error message (now added).

Basic HS cannot communicate with the device.
    Using a Homeseer z-net within 3 feet of heatit device.

optimation says: Optimization not executed, cannot reach node.

I know, not much info to go on but i really don't know what to add on information.

edit: tried to add a screenshot but lost the upload bar. cannot find it anymore

And now the screenshot Click image for larger version

Name:	error zwave node.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	1533189

Comment

That should be fine. Considering it's the first time adding the device, just add it like you did and then do a Rescan on it right way. It should find the two other child devices and add them. Some devices are picky like that. Happens a lot to me. When I get that error, I just go and do a Rescan then follow up with an Optimize and all is good in the world.

Comment

Just to late. Did a factory default on device and now I only get error when trying to add the device. How, why? Don't know

Comment

Go into the ZWave root plugin, not ZWave UI. Do test test connectivity that will fail.. then do a remove bad node on the device which will remove it from the internal network.

Then re-add it as non-secure. If you get the error message you already specified above, then follow up immediately with a Rescan and then an Optimize on the device and all should again be good.

Comment

Thnx, will try and come back

Comment

George Unable to find "ZWave root plugin"

Comment

By Root plugin, I mean don't use the Z-Wave UI dressing. Turn off Z-Wave UI and you will see the Z-Wave Core plugin menus.

Comment

I just installed a Heatit z-push wall controller. Did not notice the log when adding it It works fine, sending scene controller status. So can't help on your issue.

But I have a hard time adding association since I not able to wake it up first. To audit/rescan I assume the device needs to be awake. How did you manage that?

Comment

Working...
                  X