Devices with multiple endpoints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devices with multiple endpoints

I recently updated my HS4 with the new Z-wave plug-in v4.0.3.0. By doing this I apparently lost the possibility to control devices with several endpoints from the HS4 GUI, eg the Fibaro Double switch. Now both outputs works in pairs. The legacy plug had features for this, and the settings made here was also inherited to the new plug-in. But these settings are not possible to do in the v4.0.3.0 plug-in.

This is a snapshop of a working device using the v4.0.30 plug-in with settings inherited from the legacy plug-in for the Fibaro FGS223:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Fungerer.png Views:	0 Size:	43.5 KB ID:	1568355
    To make this work I need to enter the Homeseer associations with endpoints, but in the new plug-in I can only enter "Homeseer", no option for endpoints as the old one had.

So the result is that my double relay devices controlling completely different lamps now goes on and off as a pair like some kind of unified device when controlled from HS4 GUI. Is there any way to fin this?

Here is a screenshot of a FGS223 associations that do not work:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Fugnerer ikke.png Views:	0 Size:	29.3 KB ID:	1568359Here the Group 2 association "Homeseer (Endpoint 2) " just showed uo after a rescan. In the legacy z-wave plugin this option was explicit.

Comment

Hello rjh or Rupp

Can you please have a look at the above issue?

Comment

I can log this, we are currently working through otther issues. If you go back to legacy plugin 3.0.0.11 does it work ok?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi
          Thanks for quick reply.

All, but one, devices I checked had the old settings from the legacy plugin, hence they worked. But every now and then I add new devices, and they usually need some association adkjustments to work fine with the HS4.

I have also experienced that the association groups of some devices get populated with what seems to be random associations to other devices. This happend to a Fibaro RGBW some months ago.

No urgent need for now, so I rely that Homeseer fixes this sometime soon, hence I stay on the 4.0.3.0...

Comment

have similar issue with Qubino dimmer- later version with three endpoints.
            This was working with old PI, and was still working with new PI until I re-scanned in Saturday. You can see the state change on 22nd in one of the screenshots for “upper hall motion”.
            Associations still look fine. I don’t really want to roll back as I’ve worked through other issues.​

Click image for larger version  Name:	832C6A99-4C59-4372-8FB8-43FC3DD88012.png Views:	0 Size:	158.6 KB ID:	1572435I
            Attached Files

Comment

The strange thing is that some some devices comes up with the correct associations when included, but others wrong or missing, hence some manual adjustments required. The old z-wave pluging had this feature to "differ" between endpoints, so hopefully there will be an upgrade soon.

Comment

Any news on potential fix date? I'd forgotten how many of the older Qubino in-wall devices I'd replaced to get compatibility with HS3. They all have wired PIR or additional switches connected!
                I've done some further debugging and I do see the Zwave packet coming in but for some reason it's not matching either the "Upper Hall Motion" previously set for the endpoint, or the CO/ Notification/ Water endpoint options:-
                Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	163
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	1574702

Views:	138
Size:	243.4 KB
ID:	1574703

Views:	139
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	1574705
                Attached Files

Comment

Currently these changes are included in the beta verison of the z-wave plug-in:
                  4.1.0.2 - 11/4/2022
                  ZWAVE-466 Fix shutdown of plugin
                  4.1.0.0 - 10/24/2022
                  ZWAVE-442 Interface selection menu does not scale properly when zoomed in in some cases
                  ZWAVE-464 Device settings for the FS-100 sensor are missing
                  ZWAVE-456 Update links to documentation within the plugin
                  ZWAVE-452 Advanced Controller Functions Menu Truncates on Small Screen Views
                  ZWAVE-450 Adding an interface has a formatting error in the success message
                  ZWAVE-449 Updated parameter settings as not available in the R2 version of the WX300
                  ZWAVE-446 Missing configuration parameters for HS-FC200 Fan Controller
                  ZWAVE-433 Filters on device information page do not behave exactly like the filters on the devices page.
                  ZWAVE-428 Fix Configuration_Set scripting function
                  ZWAVE-424 Missing Z-Wave controller information on device information page
                  ZWAVE-423 Add device diagnostics buttons to device config tab
                  ZWAVE-430 Cannot read the current value of a configuration parameter
                  ZWAVE-421 Improve association between Lock User Names and Lock User Codes
                  • ZWAVE-425 Need ability to configure polling settings
                  ​So no support for multiple endpoints yet.

Comment

Thanks. I did submit a bug report yesterday but so far support are just going through the routine of asking me to re-pair affected devices, etc. I'm not doing this as they're paired fine, some endpoints work and I'd need to open all the wall boxes and go into attic, etc.

Given it seems to affect quite a range of devices- Qubino, Fibaro, etc hoping it gets some priority!

As a tactical step can anyone think of a way to scrape the log events I see from the multipoints to trigger events?
                    For example, I have the "Looking for...." lines in the log above. If I could match on them, that might be a fix. I think I'd have to leave zwave debug on unless there',s a way to parse raw data earlier in the input processing.

Comment

Tried using Jon00 log monitor with zwave logging enabled and I have a couple of events working again from multipoint inputs.
                      Not pretty, logs are a mess and latency/ processor won't like it but it's the only way I can get some wall switches working until Homeseer get round to having a look.
                      I've tried a couple of different methods for on/ off in screenshots below.
                      I'd think the frame is best to trap on but it's really hard to see which one you're looking for in the "noise", and I don't know frame format. The only info I found is byte 6 is node ID- but so far that isn't making sense.

Worth a try if you're stuck.

Views:	153
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	1574912Click image for larger version

Views:	124
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	1574913

Comment

Working...