4.0.3 Beta - How do I get rid of ghost devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.0.3 Beta - How do I get rid of ghost devices

While I was installing my zwave devices I had many, many include failures with several different products. I don't fault homeseer for why they didn't add. But now I have a different problem. Every one of those failed adds resulted in creating a node that I cannot delete. Whenever I now delete any device I get these ghost devices added back into Homeseer. There are 17 of them and it gets really annoying to have to re-delete them. Anything I can do to get these things out of the controller which is I assume where they are coming from. I've tried to remove bad node. Any help!?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	186
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	1572118

Views:	143
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	1572119

Views:	144
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	1572120

Have you tried ZWave->Device Diagnostics->(Select Device)->Remove Bad Node ?

Comment

yeah - the last error in my post was when I tried to remove bad node - it fails

Comment

With the V3 plug-in it is a straightforward process. "Test Connectivity" and have it fail twice in rapid succession, then immediately "Remove Bad Node". This will work 95% of the time. If it fails, repeat and it will succeed. The plug-in apparently needs recent confirmation that it is not communicating. I would suspect that the V4 plug-in is the same, since the core is the same.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks for that tip - I have exorcised my ghosts

Comment

Working...
          X