Z-Wave 4.1.0.2 Beta plugin - testing results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shill View Post
    Don't conflate the two - I'm happy with HS4. It's just the Zwave plugin that's been botched. And the most frustrating part is the speed at which they're addressing those issues. We should be seeing beta releases on a weekly basis at a minimum.
    +1

---
    John

Comment

Can you give me the model of the device you are testing?

Originally posted by John245 View Post
      rjh

A serious number of root devices are created for the same Node ID. Please fix this issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture -Node 27.png
Views:	243
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	1578959

---
      John
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

What device is this? If you are seeing an issue with a specific device please post the device manufacturer and model so we can see if we have one to test.
        I suspect this issue was also in the older plugin as we have not changed any of the z-wave protocol handling.

I'm missing the volts and Amperes for 1 (L1).

I already tried exclusion and include again. This is the result of the inclusion with the Smart meter close to the Z-NET G3.

---
        John

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          Can you give me the model of the device you are testing?

rjh
          Hi Rich,
          It is the Qubino 2 relay:

Name:	image.png
Views:	187
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	1579404
          But I'm seeing the same behavior for the Z-NET (G3), see below and for Fibaro devices. Currently no idea when these are created and the issue that the HS name is not up-to-date under device information relates to this. When I repeat all the additional devices the info under device information will be correct.

Views:	164
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	1579405
          ---
          John

Comment

What device is this? If you are seeing an issue with a specific device please post the device manufacturer and model so we can see if we have one to test.
            I suspect this issue was also in the older plugin as we have not changed any of the z-wave protocol handling.

rjh
            Hi Rich,

That is possible, it is a new device for me.

Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	1579407

Views:	163
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	1579408
            ---
            John

Comment

I wish I'd never moved from 3.X - the original beta, 4.0.3.0, and 4.1.0.2 have all been disasters at my house and my once rock-solid smart home is now constantly fragile.
              1. My WS/D/X-200/300 Status LEDs changes aren't responding to "All Devices" commands.
              2. My HSM-200s stopped reporting motion the moment I upgraded to 4.1.0.2, though I can control the LED color and get temperature and light level reports in some cases (not all - some just stopped updating in HS entirely on that day).
              3. WS/D/X-200/300 multi-tap scenes don't work.
              4. HS doesn't notice when my door lock is locked/unlocked, though it can control them.
              5. Every night when my "good night" routine runs, the log is full of errors and none of the LEDs turn off until I restart the plugin. I suspect it has to do with sending parameter commands to the door locks, but haven't really proven this yet.
              6. I had to downgrade to 4.0.3.0 to get the Device Diagnostics page to list devices for step 1.
              7. Many devices say the root device isn't found on the network when I go to the Zwave tab with 4.1.0.2.
              On a positive note, the whole system doesn't lock up anymore when trying to set configuration parameters.
              For what it's worth, after downgrading to 4.0.3.0 (at which point I ran into the issue with the set config parameter timeout again, of course, which mean after I was done messing with the Device Diagnostics page I re-installed 4.1.0.2 and since then my HSM-200s are working, multi-tap scenes are working, HS reacts to the door locks, and my status LEDs seem to work better than they did before (although it still takes much, much longer for all the commands to be processed when a major status change - home/away, awake/asleep - happens).

Comment

We fixed an issue today regarding the high cpu usage issue many have reported. This issue could also cause notifications to be ignored. The issue will only start after you have run any z-wave advanced functions such as optimize or add/remove a device. To resolve this for now, restart the plugin after you run any of these commands. We will be posting an updated plugin shortly. Not sure if this is causing any of your issues or not, but it could be.

For what it's worth, after downgrading to 4.0.3.0 (at which point I ran into the issue with the set config parameter timeout again, of course, which mean after I was done messing with the Device Diagnostics page I re-installed 4.1.0.2 and since then my HSM-200s are working, multi-tap scenes are working, HS reacts to the door locks, and my status LEDs seem to work better than they did before (although it still takes much, much longer for all the commands to be processed when a major status change - home/away, awake/asleep - happens).

Comment

We fixed an issue today regarding the high cpu usage issue many have reported. This issue could also cause notifications to be ignored. The issue will only start after you have run any z-wave advanced functions such as optimize or add/remove a device. To resolve this for now, restart the plugin after you run any of these commands. We will be posting an updated plugin shortly. Not sure if this is causing any of your issues or not, but it could be.

Which version of the plugin are you fixing; the 4.0 production version or the 4.1 beta version? Which one is recommended to upgrade from V3, as of today? Thanks.

Comment

4.1.0.2 is the one we are fixing, and it has more features than 4.0 so I would recommend that one. I hope to have 4.1.0.3 posted tomorrow (Fri).

Originally posted by SteveW View Post

Which version of the plugin are you fixing; the 4.0 production version or the 4.1 beta version? Which one is recommended to upgrade from V3, as of today? Thanks.

Comment

4.1.0.2 is the one we are fixing, and it has more features than 4.0 so I would recommend that one. I hope to have 4.1.0.3 posted tomorrow (Fri).

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

HS4 does not equal the v4.x Z-wave plugin. I'm running HS4.x with the v3.x Z-wave plugin and my system happily chugs along.
                        +1 here. HS4 + v3 Z-Wave was pretty much set it and forget it with recent HS4 builds.

I upgraded to the v4 Z-Wave plugin earlier this week, then upgraded from a SmartStick+ G2 to a G3 last night. I'll see how things are in a week or two.

Comment

Under the hood the V4 plugin is the same as the V3 one. The only difference is the UI. However, the high cpu usage issue could cause you some issues and this has been fixed in version 4.1.0.3 which is available now. I have been running the V4 plugin since it was released and I don't see any difference with my system. I have about 80 nodes. I also updated the release notes for the changes in version 4.1.0.2.

Comment

I may have one of these, I will check.

rjh
                            Hi Rich,
                            It is the Qubino 2 relay:

Views:	187
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	1579404
                            But I'm seeing the same behavior for the Z-NET (G3), see below and for Fibaro devices. Currently no idea when these are created and the issue that the HS name is not up-to-date under device information relates to this. When I repeat all the additional devices the info under device information will be correct.

Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	1579405
                            ---
                            John

Comment

Just posting as this is still an issue....

An old Schlage lever lock that works fine under v3.x of the Z-Wave plugin throws this message under 4.1.0.2 (and the recently released 4.1.0.3.
                              Gen1 Z-Net controller:

Views:	114
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1579988

Views:	93
Size:	228.1 KB
ID:	1579989

As a result, no events can be triggered on the lock actions.​
                              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
                              X