Can't Add New Device Using 4.1.0.2 BETA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Add New Device Using 4.1.0.2 BETA

I have HS4 installed and I am trying to install a Z-Wave switch in my garage which is served by a Z-NET remote interface. I am using the v4.1.0.2 plugin. I've tried to do a "regular" install and an add insecure install, and both fail. I've tried to install it both ways with the Target Z-Wave Interface set to my internal and Z-NET interfaces, and neither work. In fact, after it fails and I go into Manage Interfaces, the target interface I used has a "warning" status, and I must restart the plugin to get back to an "enabled" status.​

Is there some way to add my switch?

I have seen this once before and I found a clean restart/reboot of HS4 cleared it all up. What type of switch are you trying to add?

Comment

Thanks, ecetron. I did try a restart, and that didn't help. I'm trying to add a GE (Jasco) switch (I have many of them). In fact, I replaced this switch with a different style switch, and I decided to remove this one and move it into my garage (which is served by my Z-Net remote interface). I suspect the problem I am having is that I'm trying to add the switch through the Z-Net and not my primary (internal) Z-Wave interface.
      I've also found that the Z-Tool+ app no longer works with the v4 Z-Wave plugin.

Comment

I have several Jasco switches on my remote Z-net interface with no issues. Is it close to the Z-net? And what version of Z-tool+ do you have, I have version 1.10 and it work just fine with the new 4.1.0.2 plugin -- there might be some other underlying issue that is impacting both issues....

Comment

I have Z-Tool+ v1.11 (which is 4 years old). And, yes, the switch is just across the garage from my Z-Net, and there are no intervening walls or obstructions.

Comment

Guess I need to update my Z-tool+ then <grin>.... Are there any indications that it is even trying to add? If not, do a factory reset on the switch - it might somehow think it is already in another network. And I have never gotten GE switches to add in any way other than unsecure... If it does try to add, are there any error messages in the log?

Other than that, I am at a loss -- guess we need the heavy hitters to weigh in

Comment

You can see some of what's going on with my Z-Net interface with these log entries which were made during my attempt to add the switch.
              Attached Files

Comment

It looks like you need to reboot your Znet interface. Turn off your Zwave plugin, unplug your Znet, wait 10 seconds and plug back in. Give it a minute or so then restart the plugin. Also I have found it better to setup your Znet controller using the ethernet interface and the actual IP address (you should set this up static on your router) of the Znet on port 2001 in controller management on the Zwave plugin.. I never mess around with the Z-Tool and just use my phone, iPad or computer to add/remove devices. This is a much more reliable way to add remove devices.

Comment

Well, I finally did get my switch to add, but I'm not sure what I did. I tried rebooting my Z-Net, and that didn't work. But then a subsequent try using Z-Tool+ did work. Go figure.

Comment

Working...
                  X