Devices controllable, but Z-wave tab gives error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devices controllable, but Z-wave tab gives error

Someone reached out to me for help with their HomeSeer setup from another website. They had someone else working with them before and I do not know the history. They have over 200 Z-wave devices that I can control from the HS UI, but I cannot access the parameters from the HS UI.

This person is using a HomeTroller Pi with a Z-net with v4.0.0.0 beta of the Z-wave plugin, and v4.0.46.0 of the Z-wave Parameters plugin.

I use a Windows PC w/ SmartStick+ with v3.0.9.0 of the Z-wave plugin. So I'm more confused than I otherwise would be.

If I go to Plugins --> Z-wave --> Device Information, I see a list of mostly pipes | that when clicked on show:

"This node doesn't seem to exist as a HomeSeer device. Try running the 'Create Missing HomeSeer Devices' function from the Advanced Function page.​"

I don't want to duplicate over 200 devices if I don't have to.

When I go to a device's Z-wave tab, it shows:

"Root device for NodeID 70 on network FF###### was Not found."

Similarly, when going to the Z-wave Parameters tab it shows:

"Failed to get parameter 3 for node 70"

It's like the HS device is not correctly linked with the controller information. Is there any way to rectify this? Starting over with 200+ devices would really suck.
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Here are some screenshots in hopes it will help more. Again, I'm not sure what's happened with this system. Perhaps the Z-net was removed and re-added? The Z-Wave -> Device Information page has 232 entries. Only 2 appear to be linked correctly to a HS device. I'm really hoping this can be fixed w/o starting over.

Note: The vast majority of these Z-wave devices are HomeSeer dimmers/switches. The ones with RGB LEDs.

Please let me know if there's a better sub-forum for questions like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	zwave error1.png
Views:	158
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	1581007

Click image for larger version

Name:	zwave error2.png
Views:	151
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	1581008
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

do the devices show up on the Devices page? you MIGHT be able to use the advanced function to recreate the HS devices from the Z-wave device list... AFTER you do a full backup just in case...

Comment

Apologies for not returning to this thread. I thought I had updated it with my findings. It turns out the cause was someone else installing the V4.0 Z-wave plugin when they were initially using the V3.x version of the Z-wave plugin. Installing version V3.0.10.0 revived the Z-wave tabs and things appear to be working correctly. At least more correctly. Seeing an odd error that I'll start a new thread about in the v3 forums.

Thank you for the input!

Comment

Working...
        X